Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

1. Try another usb port

2. Check bios if legacy support is enabled

3. Try another usb pen

Hi

I have tried all USB ports on e6220... also try a few diff brand of USB drive (sandisk, sony, kingston) re-create a few times per usb drive to test all USB drive also test and scan with no error... bios i using the legacy not the uefi thing... i even remove the 3g, wifi, bluetooth, remove ram and using only 4gb, and using another laptop's ram... hardware test all report ok, also have tried on 2 diff hdd drive... disable all additional stuff like esata and so on... bios setting i follow the myhack guide which enable the c-state, etc...

All gives me the same error as ebios read error Controller or device error... worst i cant really find much info on ebios error... most just point me to ebios error, read error which isnt the same as what i get...

my 6220 is using bios A08 is that any issue???

Appreaticate if anyone know what is going on...

One last thing, the keyboard i swap with a 6420, just like the pointing stick... but i saw someone else also did that and no such error so i not sure if its due to the keyboard or not, and there is no keyboard for me to swap back to test it now...

Hi

I have tried all USB ports on e6220... also try a few diff brand of USB drive (sandisk, sony, kingston) re-create a few times per usb drive to test all USB drive also test and scan with no error... bios i using the legacy not the uefi thing... i even remove the 3g, wifi, bluetooth, remove ram and using only 4gb, and using another laptop's ram... hardware test all report ok, also have tried on 2 diff hdd drive... disable all additional stuff like esata and so on... bios setting i follow the myhack guide which enable the c-state, etc...

All gives me the same error as ebios read error Controller or device error... worst i cant really find much info on ebios error... most just point me to ebios error, read error which isnt the same as what i get...

my 6220 is using bios A08 is that any issue???

Appreaticate if anyone know what is going on...

One last thing, the keyboard i swap with a 6420, just like the pointing stick... but i saw someone else also did that and no such error so i not sure if its due to the keyboard or not, and there is no keyboard for me to swap back to test it now...

Your notebook is ok. No issue for the hardware. Just the booting process error.

I suspect your myHack and ML App might have error.

I have the same E6220 A08 BIOS, US backlight keyboard with pointing stick, 3G, wifi, bluetooth modules. All except 3G modules not ok.

Spoon,
You are not alone my friend. I have exhausted all possibilities. After trying all of the suggestions here, and multiple E6220's, and multiple usb drives, in multiple ports, I am all out of hope for this one. I know that all of my drives and ports on all of the system cannot be bad. I also use the same media to install ML 10.8 on multiple E6420's with no problem. I have four different Brand USB's that have be re-installed multiple times.

CONCLUSION: There does appear to be an issue with getting this setup on an E6220.

Mainly the error on first boot when trying to begin the OSX installation.
EBIOS read error: Controller or device error
Block 0x1d0978 Sectors 0
Block 0x1d0978 Sectors 0
Block 0x1d0978 Sectors 0
Block 0x1d0978 Sectors 0

I get the same on 320 - 5400 HDD, 1TB - 7200 HDD, and 128 - SSD HDD, So I know it is not drive related. I can install with the same USB and HDD that give error, if I remove them from E6220, and place them into an E6420.

Specs: E6220 (BIOS:A10 - On First PC/ A8 - Second PC / A3 - Third PC), i5-2.5GHz, 4GB, Intel HD 3000, 320 GB HDD, WiFi: ASUS USB-N10
Any Further Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx for your help Leon,

I remade another USB, and used the new chameleon, but error remains. I can install with the same new USB and HDD that give error, if I remove them from E6220, and place them into an E6420.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!