Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

• Moderators

I have Mountain Lion installed. I don't have an HDMI cable to test the display output, but I did test the vga display.

What you have to do is enter FN+F8 right after you see the Dell Logo, but the best resolution I could get is the highest support resolution of the laptop which is 1366x768.

Tried it with the port replicator, but it's not detecting, so that's not working.

Hi guys , 

I saw a few people having problems with the HDMI output.

I wanted to let you know that i got the HDMI output working on my almost fully working e6220 10.7.3 (hd3000).

I used this guide to edit the DSDT and AppleintelSNBgraphicsFB:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1969-guide-for-enabling-vga-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd3000-gpu/

Now i can plugin the hdmi cable at any time and it switches directly to the big screen (1920x1080)  :) . No need for key combo at startup.

VGA not tested and havent got the HDMI audio working yet. Im still using voodoohda.

Only issues im still looking for:

good audio(AppleHDA),Multi-touchpad,Cardreader, Minor bugs: Slow USB transfer speeds and after display goes standby it has be enabled again by power button.

Please let us know if and when this is incorporated in the EDP. I tried to follow the instructions above but realized there were to many options for me to do it wrong :-D

In the meanwhile I connected a larger screen through a usb to dvi/hdmi/vga adapter that had osx support. Works OK  but I have some flickering in the screen when e.g. watching videos online - youtube etc. For most tasks I'm doing on my computer it works, but would prefer to use the built in hdmi if that can work.

thanks!

hi, for the people who want to try the hdmi fix

here's a copy of my extra folder and patched AppleintelSNBgraphicsFB.kext

(only the dsdt and AppleintelSNBgraphicsFB.kext are needed for this fix)

replace dsdt in Extra folder and AppleintelSNBgraphicsFB.kext in S/L/E

im no major expert in programming,but lucky enough it worked for me :D

hope it helps

e6220 with hdmi.zip

• Moderators

Hi guys , 

I saw a few people having problems with the HDMI output.

I wanted to let you know that i got the HDMI output working on my almost fully working e6220 10.7.3 (hd3000).

I used this guide to edit the DSDT and AppleintelSNBgraphicsFB:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1969-guide-for-enabling-vga-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd3000-gpu/

Now i can plugin the hdmi cable at any time and it switches directly to the big screen (1920x1080)  :) . No need for key combo at startup.

VGA not tested and havent got the HDMI audio working yet. Im still using voodoohda.

Only issues im still looking for:

good audio(AppleHDA),Multi-touchpad,Cardreader, Minor bugs: Slow USB transfer speeds and after display goes standby it has be enabled again by power button.

Try this AppleHDA here. You'll need to upgrade to ML 10.8.5 or higher for the devices to be detected since the patched AppleHDA.kext is from 10.8.5.

Hi guys

I'm a new user and I'm italian so excuse my bad english :-)

I'm trying to get this dell working with OSX but without results:

I use the myhack utility to create a bootable usb for initially 10.9 (don't boot the installation) and after for 10.8 (same problem).

I have a e6220 A04 with i3 and ssd 128GB samsung ...

During the boot of installation it don't recognize the touchpad and the lan, I disable the lan and set touchpad and keybord to PS2 in BIOS.

After installation of both systems I can't boot even in -x mode ...

Can someone tell me if there is a step by dtep to follow for installing possibly 10.9 or at least 10.8 ?

Thank you so much for your work !! That's incredible ....

Stil86

• Moderators

Hi guys

I'm a new user and I'm italian so excuse my bad english :-)

I'm trying to get this dell working with OSX but without results:

I use the myhack utility to create a bootable usb for initially 10.9 (don't boot the installation) and after for 10.8 (same problem).

I have a e6220 A04 with i3 and ssd 128GB samsung ...

During the boot of installation it don't recognize the touchpad and the lan, I disable the lan and set touchpad and keybord to PS2 in BIOS.

After installation of both systems I can't boot even in -x mode ...

Can someone tell me if there is a step by dtep to follow for installing possibly 10.9 or at least 10.8 ?

Thank you so much for your work !! That's incredible ....

Stil86

try this boot pack for mavericks,  don't use the SSDT

Extrae6220.zip

• Moderators

Sorry but i'm not so expert ... How can I use these pack ? Must I insert it in the usb key after create it with myhack ?

If you already created the usb installer, then just run my hack, select install Extra and point to my boot pack.