Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

Thanks, got the SD card reader to work following this guide! However, webcam is still a no go. Here is the output from resetting permissions and rebuilding the kextcache

$ sudo ./permission.sh 
Password:
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAIDT.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooSDHC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext lspcidrv.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
Finished

Do you have any other ideas?

I'm not aware that I modified the IOAHCIBlockStorage but I replaced it with a vanilla version off of a MacBook Pro running 10.11.1 - still the same output when regenerating the cache though.

As for USB, the system report claims that there are two USB 2.0 buses. However, none of the USB ports seem to be working (I hadn't noticed earlier).

xjW53fX.png

I did use your files but yes, I added the lspcidrv.kext to get the card reader working (I can probably remove the kext now that modified the VoodooSDHC.kext so that it works). Anyway, the cause was a rather simple/stupid error: for some reason the clover configurator was set to MacBook8,1 (made sense with the e6220 having an i5 rather than an i7). Anyway, setting it to 8,2 and voilà: USB ports work, webcam works. 

Thanks for your patience, Jake. I really appreciate it!  :ugeek:

Just got an E6220 with the specs in Jake Lo's signature - except A01 bios...Dell website has A13 and I assume I should just update to that.

Being new to this, what is my safest bet to get up and running? I've read this thread and a bunch more of this site and feel like I understand the gist, but I'm no computer expert and would like to take the path of least resistance the first time around.

- 10.9.5 is my plan - looks safer than trying 10.10 and I haven't seen anything suggesting earlier 10.9 version would be better

- use "Mavericks" link in Jake Lo's signature ("Extra_Mav.zip") or would a previous file in this thread be better like Extra_E6220_Mav.zip that's "tuned" for E6220 i5 2520M, which is what I have (I can't tell if Extra_Mav.zip is, too)

- MBR? This computer had windows on it and I added Ubuntu dual boot on a new partition to have something useful until I get OSX on it :) I assume it's best to find a way to just format the whole drive to HFS first and choose no for MBR.

I'm planning to follow the directions here http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/documentation/pre-installation/with 10.9.5.dmg & one of the extras files listed above and that should  be all I need, right? (for instance, OP mentions needing old version of Chameleon)

Thanks in advance! You guys clearly have a ton of expertise and I appreciate the help.

I got the laptop up and running beautifully last July. I bought a 2nd laptop as a backup, but ran into a problem getting it running. THEN I ACCIDENTALLY WIPED OUT MY WORKING LAPTOP! I hadn't backed up several days worth of work, either. Almost cried. Both laptops are now having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a simple fix. 

I used the same USB drive that got my first computer up and running (with Extra_Mav.zip from Jake Lo's Signature). After running EDP (update, E6220 build, Chameleon) when I reboot it hangs.

-v shows:

"[iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

The first install that I wiped out I ran into a problem where it wouldn't boot because there was a picture of a laptop and a button I was supposed to press to turn something on or off and after searching I found it referred to bluetooth. So I disabled bluetooth both places in the BIOS and everything worked great. BIOS settings are the same, but now I have this new Bluetooth error. FWIW, when I boot to an Ubuntu live session it says it can't find Bluetooth. 

I found references to similar errors on this forum, but didn't understand the rest of the discussions. Please tell me there is a fix! LOL. Thanks!

• Moderators

Use the USB you have working on your previous build for the installation. You should skip the EDP part. Bootpack was tweaked.

Reset your Bios to 'Load defaults'. Hit Apply and the set Sata Operations to AHCI. Leave the rest as is. 

No need to disable the bluetooth, just hit the space bar when you encounter that during boot up.

• Like 1