Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

Hello,

I followed the guide here >> https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/<< and managed to get everything installed and running properly, except I have no audio. Sound preferences don't show any available playback devices, but system profiler shows Intel HDA Microphone, Headphone, Line Output, and HDMI....

Yes, I did. At the time I wasn't successfully booting clover from HDD. So, I remembered with previous versions of OS X I was unable to install the boot loader via SATA bay because of chameleon's ability to flush the boot code region or something or other... Then I got the idea to start from scratch and install to HDD via USB, then insert HDD into SATA bay... Now I'm booting from clover via HDD and HDA isn't an issue.

Then the issue was USB. When booted straight from HDD it, too, picks up the USB in system profiler, but doesn't detect built-in bluetooth via USB or anything I plug into external ports. However, if I boot HDD from USB key, USB and Bluetooth work. Strange, considering I copy boot EFI from USB key, right?

It seems the difference lain in the SMBIOS settings. Via USB key 8,2 is used whereas via HDD I configure it to 8,1 because of my i5 and Clover Configurator suggestions. Lesson learned, everything running A OK.