Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

OK, it's me again.

I had another try at this. The first try was to use my SL Hackintosh to create the Chameleon USB installer for ML on my E6220. I always got a memory allocation error, no matter what I tried.

Now, second try: I used an iMac running El Capitan to create the Chameleon USB installer (again ML), even used a different stick. But again: memory allocation error. What is going wrong here? :-(

The strange thing is, this only happens when I use the E6220 bootpack. When I use the generic one it takes me to the installation menu without memory allocation error. I just can't proceed from there of course, because it doesn't recognize my HDD then.

Thanks for the new motivation. Still, to no avail... :|

I managed to get a Yosemite installer (10.10.4), used an iMac running EC and your guide above. The creation of the Install Stick worked fine until I tried to boot the E6220 with it. Again: Memory allocation error. I'm going crazy.

So I tried different machines to create the stick, different sticks, different OS X versions, different bootpacks, all with the same outcome: Memory allocation error.

So the problem seems to be with the E6220, am I wrong?

Good that brought me some steps forward. I got to the language selection menu, was able to format my HDD and the OS X installation seemed to complete without complaint. But now I can't boot that installation. When I remove the stick and try to boot, it won't work. When I boot from the stick it always just takes me to the language selection menu / OS X installation. What step am I missing?