Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

• Administrators

No, i have yet to find a good working kext.. but feel free to search around and come back with your results.. i havent spent much time on researching - but i think its just a matter of testing what is out there :)

Hey Leon,

I've been trying to follow along with the steps you provided on the main OSXLatitude site, but get showstopping errors during the boot-from-USB process.

Namely, I notice the following text output:

"couldn't alloc class IntelCPUMonitor"

...and at the very end, after a few fakesmc debug errors, "still waiting for root device"

I'm using the 10.7.3 install DMG, btw.

Any advice?

System specs attached.

post-4070-014552700 1329183549_thumb.png

Just thought I'd add to this thread a bit.

I have an e6320 with an i5, 3GB RAM, Intel HD3000 graphics and the 1366x768 display. One change to the hardware is that I replaced the e6220's 1530N WNIC with a 1510N from an e6400 I have.

I used the iHack method to prepare a boot key using the Extra folder from the e6220 bootpack .zip file.

Installation was fast and error free. I rebooted from the USB key, selecting the HD of course and proceeded to run the EDP 2.2 package. I then installed Chameleon from within the edptool and when that had completed, I copied the Extra folder from the bootpack over the /Extra folder on my HD. I also installed VooDoo HDA 2.7.2. After one more reboot, I have a fully functional Lion laptop. QE/CI works, Airport works, Audio works and is aware of the HDMI port although I have not tested this.

Next up is the 10.7.3 Combo Update.

Mark

Hello,

Just got my Dell e6220. Can't get chameleon to boot off the hard drive. It only boots off the USB. I have a dual boot with windows 7 and when the computer boots up it goes straight to windows.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yeah !!

It's WORK !! Thanks.

How did you get chameleon to work. I installed but when I reboot it goes straight to my windows 7 installation.

• Administrators

How did you get chameleon to work. I installed but when I reboot it goes straight to my windows 7 installation.

Just install any version of cham, then replace the boot file in / with the one from this thread.

Offcourse, this is faar by optimal.. and as soon as i get some free time i will research how we can get it running latest chameleon...