E6420 - El Capitan & NVS4200M Clover UEFI problems

VNMan

Hi,

Tried to search on the web but seems not many E6420 with NVS4200M installed successfully El Capitan or even Yosemite using EFI boot not legacy boot.

My E6420 has 1TB hard disk which has 3 partitions

• Windows 8.1
  • Would be OSX in this partion.
  • Blank at the moment

Tried to install OSX, have Yosemite on this partition but can only boot in "legacy" mode. Sometimes Clover work when doing its "Scan", sometimes when clover doing the scan there would be 2 or 3 "click" sounds from the speaker and the machine would hang. This is the issue when I set in the BIOS to boot in Legacy mode.

I would like to dual boot, therefore I choose Clover and UEFI boot in BIOS.

I prepared the USB stick using Chris111 installer over at insanelymac forum. With DSDT from Herve found here in this forum (E6220 DSDT) the machine boot but keyboard and mouse not working also got stripe purple screen. Have tried enable/disable Optimus no difference.

Anyone here has E6420 boot OSX using UEFI?

Any DSDT that works with UEFI boot?

Thanks for reading / helping.

• Administrators

It only seems to be difficult with the combination of Clover and UEFI mode. I've never had any issues with Chameleon/Enoch and legacy mode on Sandy Bridge or Haswell-based models such as E6220, E6320, E6420 or E6440.

I have already try with chameleon, this was with Yosemite. Installed Yosemite on the 2nd partition, booted from USB stick that had chameleon no problem there.

The problem with chameleon is that it does not play well with Windows 8.1. I was not happy that whenever I want to boot to OSX I have to use USB stick to boot.

No issues here with clover UEFI while booting El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Win10, Ubuntu from one drive

post-7507-0-23324400-1446756739_thumb.pn

Nothing special only added "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi", "NTFS.fi" @drivers64UEFI folder, i've unchecked nearly  all clover patches 

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>DropTables</key>