Precision M4600 - El Capitan

howoarang

• Administrators

Are you saying that, in order to obtain proper/full CPU power management on this SandyBridge platform, you have to use an IvyBridge-based MacBookPro10,1 board id alongside the SMBIOS id of an Arrandale-based MacBookPro6,1?

I must admit that this sounds kind of strange... Wouldn't the full full SMBIOS of a MacBookPro8,1 or 8,2 work as well? This would be the normal way to enjoy proper CPU power management as long as you've generated the SSDT with the well-know generator tool.

My system doesn't boot with SMBIOS from MacBookPro 8.1 or 8.2 or 8.3 and without nullCPU.kext. Booting was very slow and got black screen.

Now, I must say that it works! SMBIOS from MacBookPro6.1 + BoardID from MacBookPro10.1... and booting is fast and also get properly Speedsteping.

My system doesn't boot with SMBIOS from MacBookPro 8.1 or 8.2 or 8.3 and without nullCPU.kext. Booting was very slow and got black screen.

Now, I must say that it works! SMBIOS from MacBookPro6.1 + BoardID from MacBookPro10.1... and booting is fast and also get properly Speedsteping.

upload your:

Aida64 report hardware htm file + DSDT SSDT (origin by clover) + ioreg file.

when free time, i will make your system better and better.

I know I'm sort of reviving an old thread, but I also have an M4600 and I'd like to take a shot at making it a hackbook.  So far my only experience is with using Niresh's distros.  Could someone point me to a step by step tutorial to get this going?  I'd love to give it a shot from scratch on my own.  Thank you in advance for any help or responses.  

Well I've made it quite a ways now :) I've gotten just about everything working except for USB 3.0, audio correctly (currently using VooDoo), HDMI, and sleeping when I close the lid.  Everything else seems to be perfect!  

hi thnx for suggestion, this doesnt worked for me. with nvidia it wakes to black screen with nothing working. and with intel it wakes and restart. is there any way to keep intel on after restarting osx on m4600? it disable optimus automatically when i log in osx.