A suggestion to wiki masters

Andy

Hello,

I would like to make an update in wiki to the Dual Boot procedure. I have repeated these steps two seperate times on two Latitude D620's. The current scheme in wiki did not work for me, plus requires terminal work.

1. Follow the procedures in wiki to install OS X in your machine. For new install, choose 2 partitions for volume scheme. For existing install that has only one partition, boot into OSX install, then Diskutil. Resize the disk by grabbing the bottom right corner of the partition, move up to allocate at least 25GB for win7. Then click on bottom section, and click on the + sign below it. Name this partition Windows, MS-DOS (FAT). Apply.

2. Install win7 to the windows partition. After win7 is set up, it will act as a single OS.

3. Using USB OSX pen drive or iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD, boot your system. When you see the chameleon boot loader , hit any key within 2 seconds. Now you will see three icons to choose from, USB pen/iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) , OSX , Windows. Boot into OSX. Download and install the chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) standalone to the OSX partition.

4. Shut down, remove USB pen/iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD. Power on, when you see the bootloader, hit any key. Now you see two icons: OSX , and Windows. You are done.

Thanks Andy. This was quite simple. It actually worked the first time; for me that is good. Interesting to note the Windows 7 install took longer. You have to include the installation time of the 100 updates. :D I have a dual boot Lion and Windows 7 Ultimate. Pretty sweet!

Regards,

Freedomrock