E6230 i7-3540 - Clover El Capitan install issue

Snookiwooki

Jake,

Thank you again!

I have access to a 1540 wireless card - which I think is a 1550 without BT - so will give it a go. Need to pop to see my folks PC and perfrom centrino WiFi swap :shock:

The only two issues I currrently have, well one isn't really an issue

Corrupt Apple logo on boot? - Have read some posts for mods in Clover for Yosemite but not sure if they still apply?

The other is the cursor is somewhat jittery, I saw this thread https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8285-refined-alps-touchpad-driver/

I did try putting the kext in the post in EFI folder replacing the one already there - and OSX failed to load so have switched back; I am probably missing something as it requires some additional knowledge or isn't for EC?

cheers again

-Steve

• Moderators

The boot graphics glitch patch is already included. Try repairing permission and rebuild cache

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

As for the touchpad, try the last version in the thread SonVu2. Ahmad mentioned he'll refine that version soon.

Jake,

Awesome, the updated Alps kext is a massive improvement - will keep my eye on the thread for updates.

Installed the DW1540 and isn't recognised so guessing it doesn't work natively and requires a kext?

For the perms and cache rebuild get the following error... boot logo remains scrambled.

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_IDT.kext

File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used

Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[539] exited with status 77.

Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

Thank you.

Have ordered a DW 1520 which from what I can tell is = 4353- BCM943224 HMS - 2.4/5, GHz abgn, 2 stream, 150/300 Mbs

Ran the perms and cache again and was successful, though logo is still scrambled - anything I can check to ensure the patch is applied?

all the best

-Steve

• Moderators

For DW1520 to work, you need to use SMBIOS MBA5,2 or 5,1, El Capitan has whitelisted it. 

Try booting without cache, hit space bar when you see the clover GUI, select no cache. Then reboot again in normal mode.

The patch only fix a 90% of the glitch, not 100%.

Jake,

Thank you - is configured as MBA5,2 so fingers crossed.

Booted without cache and logo was steady as a rock, booted normally straight after and remains scrambled...

Also seems to have stopped sleeping which I am pretty sure it did do on first building.

Cheers

-Steve

Hope someone can help me...

Have updated my WiFi AP and now supports 802.11ac so picked up a Dell DW1550 which another site states as requiring injection, though having read the article several times I cannot quite fathom what exactly I need to do to get the ID injected...via Clover, not sure if I need install or edit a driver or modify a config file?

I have checked with DCPIManager and the ID's match what is detailed:

Supported Device_IDs (injection required)

1. 43b1 - BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H, 2.4/5 GHz, ac+abgn, 2 stream, 867 Mbs + BT4LE

Very much appreciated.

-Steve