Dell Inspiron 3520 help (El Capitan)

hash

I'd be interested in your Clover setup, as I've still yet to move over to Clover. I'm still on Chameleon. Can you please send me a compressed copy?

I used olarila el captain! (it's not distro, its just clover setup) then i added my dsdt to clover 

i am attaching copy of my EFI installer folder :3 EFI.zip

Rightnow i got everything worked (i disabled SIP)

The things that currently are not working for me is 

I can't help you with Bluetooth. I don't know which card you have to give you the instructions. I have the Azurewave AW-CE123H working flawlessly with both Bluetooth and Wifi. Works great with my iPad, even.

Microphone jack CAN work. Install the audio kext from the thread below. You'll find it in the Extra.zip file. (VoodooHDA with patched nodes for our device.) Internal microphone will never work, probably. 

HDMI sound is fixed in my DSDT. You can find that in the thread below, also in the Extra.zip file. If our 3520's are that different (Compare lspci output from thread below with yours), then post your native DSDT and I'll patch it for you. I've also patched brightness, HD 3000, display sleep, and media keys. 

I have not used Dr. Hurt's trackpad kext, so I cannot comment on that. I have no idea how it reacts with my machine, or know any way to fix it. I'm using this: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps/. The RehabmanMerge.zip has a VoodooPS2controller.prefpane file in it. Double click it after installing the Stable kext also inside the RehabmanMerge.zip file. Set "FingerZ" to max. Tap-clicks will settle down and become normal. You can then set 3-finger gestures in System Preferences, enable 2-finger scrolling, or use side-scrolling. (Side-scrolling is enabled all the time. There is no setting for it.)

My DSDT, Extra, and guide: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6392-dell-inspiron-3520-i3-2370m-hd3000-i5-3210m-hd4000-mountain-lionmavericks/

I have not used Dr. Hurt's trackpad kext, so I cannot comment on that. I have no idea how it reacts with my machine, or know any way to fix it. I'm using this: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps/. The RehabmanMerge.zip has a VoodooPS2controller.prefpane file in it. Double click it after installing the Stable kext also inside the RehabmanMerge.zip file. Set "FingerZ" to max. Tap-clicks will settle down and become normal. You can then set 3-finger gestures in System Preferences, enable 2-finger scrolling, or use side-scrolling. (Side-scrolling is enabled all the time. There is no setting for it.)

lets ask dr hurt a favor :)

I'll give both a try. I've researched both and are comfortable that they work. I've got a good hack going, so I'm hesitant to play with it. From what I read, SonVu2 is based off RehabmanMerge (Stable) with updated Linux source. As long as its not worse than what I have now, I'm definitely up for it. However, I doubt that it will get better, as the 3520's trackpad version only supports edge scrolling, 2/3 finger gestures, single/double finger taps, and tap zones. I doubt any amount of software is going to make the touchpad support more than was originally intended. 

Best I can hope for is that tap-clicks get better initially. That way we don't have to adjust "FingerZ" in VoodooPS2Controller.prefpane. If it works, great! If I can, I'll update the guide for 10.11 and better trackpad support. If it doesn't, oh well. I'm out built-in touchpad/keyboard support for a minute while I swap out kexts. 

Thanks for the heads up, Jake Lo. I know a lot of your rigs have the same trackpad (or a revision of) so if you can recommend it, I'm alright trying it.

• Administrators

[...]

• Bluetooth do not get disable(turn off button grey out) and always discoverable :(

[...]

You need to patch the Bluetooth kext in order to add your own BT device and get it supported. You'll then be able to enable/disable BT services from within OS X. Have a look at what was done for other BT devices, for instance here. It even works for integrated and supported BT chips of unsupported Intel wireless cards as stated here or here for instance.

I've had an idea for a while now that this laptop has some issues. I can confirm it has issues now.

Lately it started randomly shutting down for no apparent reason. I've been running OS X for a while now and hadnt booted into Windows in a month or two. So I decided that it might be time for a backup, format, and reinstall. Running Time Machine caused the machine to reboot at random times, so I couldn't use that. So I booted into Windows and started backing up that partition. Well, about 15 minutes in, I noticed temperatures running around 85°C on idle. I looked around at Task Manager and didn't see anything smoking CPU cycles. I figured that thermal paste is probably bad and needs to be replaced. No biggie, time to strip it down, clean it, and replace some paste. So I did just that!

It didn't help. I think I waited too long, because it won't run for 15 minutes without just flat out shutting off or doing some funky graphics artifacts. It never overheats anymore, the thermal paste fixed that like it was supposed to. But I think the graphics adaptor burned and is overheating and causing a major crash or forcing a safety shutdown.

Both scenarios happen in OS X and Windows. Sadly, I have to call it dead and move on. I'm currently researching a fairly compatible laptop as a replacement. :(

Graphics crash:uVXSPV6.jpg

• Administrators