Dell Inspiron 3520 help (El Capitan)

hash

You are da man! 😀

The brightness slider is holding its settings now, and with all of this testing I have probably rebooted this thing 40 times, and no issues with brightness at startup as with first patched dsdt you did.

Okay, one last thing with this backlight issue if you can, and you are willing. Once upon a time the dsdt was patched with working function key control for backlight. Now, if I press Fn -F4, (brightness down), nothing happens. If I press Fn- F5, (brightness up), brightness will go all the way up, even if I let go of the key, once its pressed for just a moment, brightness goes all the way up.

Function keys working for brightness are not a necessity, but they are nice to have.

No clue where to start with this. I see guides, and they give me a headache. DSDT patching is not my thing, although I did manage to patch it for my WiFi. lol

Trying to upgrade the CPU to an i5-3380m with HD4000 graphics. Using my current DSDT, the video is low res and flaky.

If I use bobdamnits dsdt for HD4000 that is posted here, 

I get no Video after boot, just like the HD3000 dsdt did after I updated the bios to A12, and before Jake LO fixed it for me earlier in this thread.

So I took my current DSDT, and using MaciAsl, patched it with Rehabman's patch, "HD4000 on 6-Series, and now Video works, but I have no brightness control, and also cannot use the SSDT-PNLF provided by Jake Lo with earlier fix for HD3000 or boot up freezes. 

No clue what to do next. This is the one I am currently using.

HD4000 on 6-Series.zip

This laptop actually boots, and has video without a DSDT. So after hours and hours of trying other things, I booted without a DSDT, pressed F4 at Clover menu, then took that DSDT, and patched with Rehabman's Brightness Fix patch, and now I have brightness control. I generated an SSDT, and Speedstep seems to work pretty well. Battery Status, Sleep, and Function keys are working.

Weird thing is I can't get Atheros DSDT patch to work, and it works if I patch it to the DSDT in the guide. I wound up using a wifi injector kext instead, but it still kinda bugs me why the wifi DSDT patch won't work.

I don't know much about DSDT's, but it seems to be working for now, so I guess don't fix it if it ain't broke. 

Next stop Mojave! (I hope) :)