[SOLVED] E6430: Screen artifacts on OSX Yosemite

mattoul98

Hello, 

Ive installed OSX yosemite according to the guide posted here:https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/

Everything works except wifi (Which i can fix) but there are annoying screen artifacts that move across the screen.

Can someone help?

Model: Dell Latitude e6430

CPU: Core i5-3340M

Graphics: Intel HD 4000

BIOS: A12

• Moderators

Sorry, I was mistaken you are talking about boot glitch. Yes, that won't solve the artifacts issue. Did you downgrade your BIOS previously? That won't work.

What you need to do is go to Dell support site. Download BIOS A03 and A12. Install A03, reboot and then install A12. Once done, check the bios, set to 'Load Defaults. Apply and then go to SATA Operations and set it to AHCI.

• Moderators

I can't take the credit. I know that upgrading to A13 will cause the artifacts. But once you upgraded, you can't just downgrade to A12. Artifacts will still occur.

A member discovered a way to reset it by going all the way back to A03, then you can upgrade to A12 without an issue. This had been confirmed to have fixed it by a few other members including myself.

• Like 1