D630 (Crestline Graphics) Challenges

ssprod

Greetings! Picked me up a D630-Core2Duo, 2.5GIGs ram, Intel Crestline GPU.. Having a heck of a time---> USB Install method (my hack), using D630Intel dsdt, I can only complete installation with -x -v, otherwise the screen goes black and reboots. I've also tried adding the smbios.plist with the same results. Tried using the various D series components also, same results. That said, I've completed the install, but can only get in with -x, which will not allow me to transfer the EDP with usb. Any thoughts... Once again, thanks for your support and assistance. ssprod

set your graphics res in boot.plist compare to your bios info

Bronx.. I found out that the bios default is 1440x900. I've edited the boot.plist (below) but she's still going to a black screen. Thanks. ssprod

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440x900x32</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>SystemType</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

Bronx,

Re-installed 10.7 three identical times (?), the third rendering success. However... after applying edp2.1 (D630 X3100 option) with no bells and whistles, installing chameleon, then copying the dsdt over the existing, the system keeps rebooting as soon as verbose mode starts. I can -x into the desktop via usb only. Is there a particular version of chameleon I should be using? Update: Indeed, once the latest Chameleon (2.1 svn r1686) was installed, it's booting fine. I'm without Airport atm, no icon present, system info lists it as a Broadcom 4311 (Ven ID-14e4/DevID-4311) Popped the card out and it reads "DW1395". Any thoughts? Thanks again. ssprod