E6400 Yosemite heat and GPU issue

krzysztofc10

Hello! :)

I've install clean OSX 10.10 and use the same kexts like the previous one. But I have an issue with heat and Gui, Gui is working very fast but in some while it's very slow. I just read my older topic and used the instruction from Herve and FakeSMC.kext but it's not helping me :( The GPU core is working at 500mhz not 580…. and I can't watch 1080p movies in VLC because after while there hangs :( in the past it wasn't be a problem. Please help me to figure this out ! I attached my kexts and dsdt. Also there is screen with temp from HWmonitor

OEM.zip

• Administrators

Did you configure AGPM according to the info detailed here?

I see you're using MBP5,2 profile and, I presume, associated SMC keys. Any reason for that? We usually recommended MBP5,1 with SMC keys 1.33f8/smc-mcp for that Latitude model.

Your CPU T° look very high at LFM (x3, 800MHz)! Male sure you actually select P States + C States activation in your Clover config file. It's required for proper Core2Duo CPU power management.

HI Herve! :)

Thanks for helping me ! 

I've used MBP 5,2 before and you guide me how to set everything and everything was great after I moved to windows and now come back to OSX. Someone advise me to use MBP 5,2 because it is better for AGPM. But I change everything in Fake SMC, clover config to match MacbookPro 5,1. Also change AGPM to my device and vendor ID and now I just can't view my Gpu/Cpu speed…. Could you check please into my files? maybe I miss something...

F.E I'm using the newest FakeSMC.kext from Kozlek, but I don't thing that in this might be a problem...

Archive.zip

OK I have read it one more time, my bad was Incorect Vendor ID and duplicating GFX0 section, change it. My SMBIOS is set in clover to MacbookPro5,1 and Fake smc is tuned to smc-mcp and keys are set to 1.33f8. I attach the modyficated AGPM.kext. Now in HWMonitor I can't view CPU,GPU speed. Where I did mistake ?

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

• Administrators

Your revised AGPM kext patch is now correct: Vendor set to 10de, device set to 06eb and control-id set to 18.

I can't really say why HWMonitor would no longer display the CPU and/or GPU info, other than it's probably due to an error you made in your FakeSMC tuning.

• Administrators

if your using clover you have to remove the clover section in fakesmc.kext info plist if not it uses default clover smc info.

<key>Clover</key><dict>
<key>BEMB</key>
<array>
<string>BEMB</string>
<string>flag</string>
</array>
<key>EPCI</key>
<array>
<string>EPCI</string>
<string>ui32</string>
</array>
<key>RBr</key>