E6420, BIOS Password, Install OS X (any preferably El Capitan)

brutus.puente

New to this website but pretty much here for the same reasons as everyone else.

I want to turn my Dell Latitude E6420 into a Hackintosh but I am having issue installing OS X Yosemite from a bootable USB.

I get stuck on a white screen and when I try to access the BIOS menu to unlock and enable legacy boot I am asked for an Administrative Password. Did anyone with a E6420 have this same issue as well?

If so what did you have to do?

New to this website but pretty much here for the same reasons as everyone else.

I want to turn my Dell Latitude E6420 into a Hackintosh but I am having issue installing OS X Yosemite from a bootable USB.

I get stuck on a white screen and when I try to access the BIOS menu to unlock and enable legacy boot I am asked for an Administrative Password. Did anyone with a E6420 have this same issue as well?

If so what did you have to do?

What are you using for your boot loader on the USB installer. 

If you cannot get into the bios, how can you tell it it is set for legacy boot or not? My 6420 was set as legacy boot as default. 

Is your 6420 trying to boot from the usb installer? 

Even if your bios is set to EFI boot, I believe you should still be able to use Clover Bootloader, and at the Boot menu, choose boot usb installer from EFI.

Okay, so I am able to access the BIOS I just can't make setting changes without the Admin Password for my E6420 GPWN5R1-1D3B.

Below are my settings in my BIOS. Since my SATA Operation is set to RAID I'm assuming that is the reason why I cannot install an OSX to my hard drive.

SATA Operation:

Not Selected - Disabled

Not Selected - ATA

Not Selected - AHCI

Selected - RAID On

Boot Sequence:

Not Checked - Diskette Drive

Checked - Internal HDD (IRRT)

Checked - USB Storage Device

Checked - CD/DVD/CR-RW Drive

Checked - Onboard NIC

Boot List Option:

Selected - Legacy

Not Selected - UEFI

I tried installing the new updated BIOS A22 as I am currently on A21 thinking this might wipe out the password, but still need the Admin Password to run this update.

I generated a few suggested passwords from https://bios-pw.org/ but none would work.

I also contacted Dell but the warranty was expired so they could not help without charging me a fee, to be honest I don't think the rep knew what she needed to do.

I'm thinking the only way to move forward is to pay for a password from one of the sites below. I just hope they are legit.

Has anyone used them before and if so which of the two would you recommend?

www.pwd4bios.com/

www.biospassword.eu/buy-passwords/dell-instant-1d3b/

Thanks for everyone's feedback!