Dell Precision M4600 with Nvidia Quadro 1000M - Blackscreen with driver.

Cyclib

Hi Cyclib,

I have the same exact laptop as you do. What version of OS X are you trying to run? I found that 10.10.5 is completely different than 10.10.3. I get the same error as you when trying to boot into OS X. My solution for that error message is to boot using Clover using the NullCPU kext. This kext will tell OS X to bypass the AICPM kext which is where your laptop is crashing. Once you are at the desktop, you will have to patch your AICPM kext using this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/132-aicpmpatch/

Since you have Sandybridge, you DO NOT have to do the extra steps that other guides tell you to do.

• Administrators

Problems all resolved last night and M4600 now fully operational under latest 10.10.5 (14F1509):

• Chameleon bootloader
  • full graphics acceleration OOB with nVidia Quadro 1000M and full built-in LCD resolution (1920x1080). Black screen issue sorted
  • AICPUPM kext patched (usual Sandy/Ivy Bridge binary patch)
  • i7-2820QM SSDT generated to support CPU SpeedStep + Turbo boost to 3.4GHz (FakeSMC tuned to MBP8.2 SMC keys)
  • Audio working (with VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler kexts)
  • DW1550 wireless working
  • LAN working (with Intel1000e kext)

SD card reader not working due to unsupported hardware model.

• Administrators

I can't because I worked on Cyclib's machine remotely, but I can tell you that there is nothing unusual in the Extra folder other than the SMBIOS plist. I tuned the FakeSMC kext (the latest version from Kozlek) to MBP8,2/MBP8,3 SMC keys (1.68f99 + smc-huronriver). The other kexts I've mentioned above, you'll find readily on the Net at the usual repository places.

The SSDT was generated using Pike.r.alpha's well-known generator script, no surprise there either.

What you really need to get going is this:

smbios.plist.zip

• Like 1

Hello !

Now I installed El Capitan on SSD by Clover.

WORKING
Intel Core i7 2820QM @ 2.3Ghz Sandybridge | SSDT + AICPMPatch
16 GB Ram DDR3 1600Mhz
Crucial BX100 250GB | Works OOB
NVIDIA Quadro 2GB 1000M | Working Full QE/CI
Intel HD 3000 | Disabled in Bios
Touchpad | Work with VoodooPS2Controller
DW 1510 | Works OOB
2xUSB 2.0 | Works OOB
1xUSB2.0/eSATA | Works OOB (USB)
2xRenesas USB 3.0 | Generic USB Kext
Battery Indicator | Rehabman's Battery guide + Voodoo Battery kext
Brightness Keys/Volume buttons | Works OOB
Audio working (with VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler kexts)
LAN working (with Intel1000e kext)

I attached SSDT DSDT or config list, and pack of kext !

Config 2.zip

I've been trying to get this working for a few days now.  I made it through installation and into the OS only one time.  Now every time I try to add a boot flag like -v or nv_disable=1 I can't get back to the main clover menu.  Can someone please give me a little push in the right direction of what might be going on or what I should do?  I've re-made the USB about four times now and I still can't add boot flags.  It worked for the first day and it's just suddenly stopped.  Thank you in advance for any insight.  :)

Problems all resolved last night and M4600 now fully operational under latest 10.10.5 (14F1509):

• Chameleon bootloader
  • full graphics acceleration OOB with nVidia Quadro 1000M and full built-in LCD resolution (1920x1080). Black screen issue sorted
  • AICPUPM kext patched (usual Sandy/Ivy Bridge binary patch)
  • i7-2820QM SSDT generated to support CPU SpeedStep + Turbo boost to 3.4GHz (FakeSMC tuned to MBP8.2 SMC keys)
  • Audio working (with VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler kexts)
  • DW1550 wireless working
  • LAN working (with Intel1000e kext)
SD card reader not working due to unsupported hardware model.

Hi whatever you did, could it get done on a m6800 with k3100m? I haven't been able to get video through the internal screen. I had use clover, and now I'm starting to mess with Enoch. I had also injected Edid and nothing. Still black screen no input after second stage.

Please any info, pleaseee. Thanks in advance.