El Capitan on E6430 i5-3320M and Intel HD4000

pewe1263

Thanks, for the tip, corrected my Bios to A12, and Mavericks is still running strong. But trying to upgrade to El Capitan just runs, wants a reboot and ... runs again into Mavericks ...

I guess I will have to read some more on boot pack, clover and friends.

Following the tip from JakeLo followed the instructions in the linked posts. After a bit of misunderstanding the EFI stuff finally got it working, well the USB boot stick (I used a lexar 64 GB USB 2.0 version) so it boots into Clover V2 3330 then starts the screen with the apple on it (sometimes it goes into a panic but rebooting will convince the booter to continue) but it is at the apple screen at at apps 75% the screen goes blank and stays that way. Did I mention I do have a laptop with just 1344 x 756 resolution. Since there is only a E6430 download for 1600 x 900 resolution could that be the "I can't see anything on screen anymore" problem during the OS X installer ?

How can I correct this ?

that was/is the trick, I just had to re-launch clover install package to get that EFI partition back and copied those two files et voila El Capitan is running ...

post-50845-0-84154500-1451941651_thumb.png

Thank you for helping out, case closed. I hope, I still must do the post install.

Happy new year to all of ye.

So far for my hopes .... can't get the system to boot from the SSD only boot from usb and than select the SSD and it will boot to the SSD but that's not how it should be.

What I've noticed as well is that the EFI partition on the SSD is not shown on the desktop when running the clover install package.

I've already twice run thru the steps in the post installation but no success so far ....

Any tips you might have ?