E6230 - not all kexts get loaded (clover)

Hologos

Hello,

I had to reinstall my OSX so I decided to clean install and start from scratch. I followed this guide Dell Latitude/Inspiron El Capitan Clover Guide. At first, everything was good, but after several restarts, some kexts aren't loading and I don't know why. I have had this problem since I started to use hackintosh a year ago.

Currently, my sound and Wifi doesn't work but it did (both). For wifi, I bought BCM94352 and followed this guide. I downloaded BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c 2.command. I placed these kexts into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ on my EFI partition. The problem is that now the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext isn't loading. I checked via Kext Wizard. The same goes with AppleHDA_IDT.kext, which is placed in /Library/Extensions/ according to the guide from Jake Lo.

To be able to run successfully the script wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command, I had to boot into Recovery and disable the Rootless feature, because the script was unable to alter the kexts in /S/L/E. Also I am not able to rebuild the cache unless I'm in Recovery. This is the output.

________________________________________________________________________________
| [email protected] [/Users/malekjir] 
| => sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
________________________________________________________________________________
| => sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
| => sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
| => sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
| => sudo touch -f /L*/E*
| => sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
| => sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Untrusted kexts are not allowed
AppleHDA_IDT.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
IOBluetoothFamily.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AirPortBrcm4360.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel not cached.
Successfully updated disk0s3.
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

This is the list of kexts:

| [email protected] [/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other] 
| => ls -ld  *.kext    
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Oct 17  2014 ACPIBatteryManager.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Jul 11 16:07 ACPISensors.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Dec 28 22:12 BrcmFirmwareData.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Dec 28 22:12 BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Jul 11 16:07 CPUSensors.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Dec 28 22:23 FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Jul 11 16:07 FakeSMC.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Sep 18 17:40 IntelBacklight.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Sep 11 14:31 IntelMausiEthernet.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 _unknown  _unknown  512 Feb 11  2014 VoodooPS2Controller.kext
| [email protected] [/Library/Extensions] 
| => ls -l *.kext 
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Jun 13  2014 ACS6x.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 26  2013 ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 26  2013 ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 26  2013 ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 Dec 28 18:09 AppleHDA_IDT.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 20  2013 ArcMSR.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Sep  1  2013 CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 Dec 28 18:09 DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 15  2014 HighPointIOP.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 15  2014 HighPointRR.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Apr 28  2014 PromiseSTEX.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Jul 21 02:13 SoftRAID.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 14  2013 hp_io_enabler_compound.kext

I changed in config.plist InjectKexts from Detect to Yes to always inject kexts but it didn't help.

<key>SystemParameters</key>
  <dict>
    <key>InjectKexts</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
  </dict>

If I boot into Recovery and build cache and restart, the wifi and sound start to work.

| => sudo kextcache -Boot -U /rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernelkext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_IDT.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext IOBluetoothFamily.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AirPortBrcm4360.kext
/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel not cached.
Successfully updated disk0s3.
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

Thanks for help in advance.

• Administrators

You've mentioned "rootless", so I assume you're running El Capitan. Did you configure your Clover plist to disable SIP? That's your likely issue I guess...

Don't you have to rename AppleHDA_IDT.kext to AppleHDA.kext for it to load instead of the vanilla kext found in /S/LE?

I deleted those RT variables to make iMessage working (to be honest, didn't know, what they were). I returned them and the wifi works. To get the sound working, I had to rebuild the cache and it works but I'm afraid it will stop working after several restarts (I will have to rebuild the cache again). Do you have to rebuild your cache often too?

Can you please help me, how to debug problems? I tried to set boot flags LogEveryBoot=Yes and LogLocation=/ and booted in verbose mode but I couldn't find the log. I think it's gonna be helpful for me in the future.

Thank you.

You are right, more than 10 restarts and sound + wifi is working. The only issue is that when I wake up the system from sleep, it says bluetooth device (inside my notebook) was not found. I have to reboot to get it working again. I'll report that to the proper forum.

Thank you for your help.