Login app store get "your device or computer could not be verified"

eric4h

thank you very much for osxlatitude and jack Lo, your are grate.

i follow guid "Dell Latitude/Inspiron El Capitan Clover Guide" to install 10.11 and  get a hackpc and almost all work well using "6230.zip",  when i login appstore got this error "your device or computer could not be verified", please help.

• Administrators

That's probably because you don't have your Ethernet/LAN card configured as 1st interface en0. You can manually remove all interfaces from  the network PrefPane + all plist files from the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder, then reboot or add the Ethernet manually again. You can search this on the forum, it's often been discussed before.

hi herve,

thanks for your help,  using ifconfig to check my network, there is a en1, and no en0, so i follow your step,

delete the interfacts from prefpane + plist as you said, reboot, then check there is en0 only that is wifi adapter. but i still can't login app store.

i have some mistake?  any idea to help me? my laptop is Latitude E5430  (very like 6230).

in adation, when i create a connect in network settings panel, there is no ethernet, only, vpn, 6 to 4, vpn, and 802.11n NIC

• Administrators

Sounds like you're missing your LAN card, presumably due to lack of driver (kext). Are you using a LAN/Ethernet kext at all? E6230 uses same LAN card as E6220, i.e. same AppleIntelE1000e kext. Check that it's enabled in BIOS.

LAN/Ethernet must be en0 with wireless anything else like en1, en2, ... for FaceTime/AppStore/etc. to work. At worst, you can use a fake Ethernet driver.

Yes, as has already been stated, lan adapter must be en0.

• Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.
  • Delete in library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file.
  • Turn WiFi switch off, or remove  wifi device.
  • Finally, Reboot.
  • After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet or Bluetooth, WiFi.

i check my ethernet hardware is  " Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5761 PCI-E GE"

and get the BCM offical drive list, doesn't have OSX drive, only windows.

http://zh-cn.broadcom.com/support/ethernet-nic-netxtreme-i-desktop-mobile

i get the ethernet dirver from 6230.zip and put it to /Library/Extension/  change owner and permission follow the EI tutoral from Jake Lo.  but i doesn't get the Ethernet item from apple icon/system property/netowrk/,

i guess my ethernet hardward doesn't drive.

what i can do? please help me. thank you very much.

• Moderators

hi herve,

thanks for your help,  using ifconfig to check my network, there is a en1, and no en0, so i follow your step,

delete the interfacts from prefpane + plist as you said, reboot, then check there is en0 only that is wifi adapter. but i still can't login app store.

i have some mistake?  any idea to help me? my laptop is Latitude E5430  (very like 6230).

in adation, when i create a connect in network settings panel, there is no ethernet, only, vpn, 6 to 4, vpn, and 802.11n NIC

E5xxx uses Broadcom Ethernet, try BCM5722D.kext.

• Administrators

Please post an lspci output of DCPIManager output to confirm model and check if it's covered at all by existing Broadcom kexts. The E6x20/E6x30 are fitted with an Intel 82579LM LAN card, so the LAN driver used for those models will be of no use on your E5430.

If your Broadcom LAN card is indeed unsupported, you'll have to fallback on the null Ethernet option as suggested by Bronxteck; it does work.