Lenovo P400 El Capitan Intel HD 4000 not working

embergeorge

Hi. My name is George and I am from Greece. Nice to meet you here :)

I have a Lenovo p400 i7 ivy bridge trying to run El Capitan with chameleon Bootloader.

My problem is that El Capitan won't recognize Intel HD 4000 graphics card. Says only 5MB on System Report and my graphics flickering and they are laggy. I played two days now with IntelCapriFB withount any luck.

Any help would be very appreciated!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

You may experiment with alternative boot option IntelCapriFB=xx and manually try various values (in decimal, range 0 to 11 or 1 to 12, I 'can't remember) until you find the one that fits your system. Each decimal value corresponds to a particular FrameBuffer. IntelCafriFB and ig-platform-id are interchangeable parameters but the former is expressed in decimal, the latter in hexadecimal string.

Ok. I tried it but is not working. To be sure this is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>dart=0</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<string>103</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>6785A4A1-ACE4-3A2A-A1E1-A4924C2001B5</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>EnableDualLink</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x900x32</string>

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x0166003</string>

<key>IntelCapriFB</key>

<string>4</string>

<key>GenarateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

And this i get during boot (photo from my phone)

WP_20160103_20_47_26_Pro.jpg

You may simply experiment with manual boot option IntelCapriFB=xx and try various values (in decimal) until you find the one that fits your system. Each decimal value corresponds to a particular FrameBuffer value in hex.

With or without this option?

Or doesn't matter? I ask because I already tried all this million times and I am confused because it should work

My processor is this: http://ark.intel.com/products/71670/Intel-Core-i7-3632QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz-BGA

and is ivy bridge.

Ps. Thanks for helping me :)

• Moderators

You have 2 conflicting values here, ig-platform-id and IntelCapriFB. 

Graphics Mode

1600x900x32

ig-platform-id
0x0166003

IntelCapriFB

You could leave out ig-platform-id and leave it blank. With 1600x900 resolution, you can't use 3, go with 4 as you have it and try higher value if that doesn't work as Hervé wrote.

• Administrators

[...]

IntelCafriFB and ig-platform-id are interchangeable parameters but the former is expressed in decimal, the latter in hexadecimal string.

You use either or but not both.

You should not use P and C States generation on an Ivy bridge CPU (and there was a typo for C States in your post or boot plist). Those only apply to Core2Duo and Arrandale Intel CPUs. 3rd generation Ivy bridge CPUs require 1) patched AICPUPM kext, 2) DropSSDT=Yes in the boot plist, 3) CPU-specific SSDT table generation for SpeedStep + Turbo boost.

Ok. I removed completely

and I tried <key>IntelCapriFB</key> with all possible values from 0 to 12. None worked. Every time I login, my screen is Flickering :huh:

You should not use P and C States generation on an Ivy bridge CPU (and there was a typo for C States in your post or boot plist). Those only apply to Core2Duo and Arrandale Intel CPU. 3rd generation Ivy bridge CPUs require 1) patched AICPUPM kext, 2) DropSSDT=Yes in the boot plist, 3) SSDT table generation for SpeedStep + Turbo boost.

Thanks! Almost nothing is working here so I try to find a way for everything. For example usb2 is not working, Bluetooth not working and battery drains extremely fast (~1% every minute!). Intel HD not working and touchpad worked with this: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

Sound is working :!: