Dell Precision M4800 - BIOS Setting

howoarang

Hi, I'm new owner of laptop Dell Precision M4800 and need to know about BIOS settings to correct boot OSX. I try set BIOS options like on my older M4600, but no luck. I have prepared USB key with El Capitan Installer + Clover, but after boot and select USB key, I got message "invalid partition format". So could somebody help?

• Moderators

Set Bios to 'Load Default' Apply and then set SATA Operations to AHCI. If it has an Nvidia card, you'll need to determine if it's a supported card, otherwise it'll need a DSDT to disable the Nvidia card and utilize the HD graphics.

Also make sure you have HFSPlus.efi added to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

• Like 1

OK thanks, now it works, but without sound and internal laptop brightness is at the highest level and can not be reduced using FN+Down keys. So it need some patches in DSDT I think. I used DSDT and Switchable Graphic has disabled in BIOS to use nVidia GPU. If I try to use other DSDT with only HD4600 only, my screens has glitches after log to desktop and then the GPU performance was very poor, moving window with lags.

Yes you have needed files, but how to download kext from your github?

• Administrators

For HD4600 to be accelerated, you need to patch your DSDT to inject desktop id 0x0412 or inject it through Clover and use Rehabman's FakePCI kexts (FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics).