RM One All in 1 Desktop

bobert

Hi there

I have an old machine here and im trying to put any version of osx onto it but I do not know which would be best its a c2d

Intel Core2Duo E8400 ( 3.0GH'z )

Socket 775 LGA

Chipset Q45/Q43

Ram 3GB/4GB ( I used 1 of the other sticks now and then )

I have enough space but id need to know the settings in the bios and the version of osx to use ??

• Administrators

From a chipset/CPU point of view, this PC will support all modern Mac OS X / OS X versions from Snow Leopard 10.6 to the latest El Capitan 10.11. As stipulated by JakeLo in the previous post, full compatibility will depend entirely on the discrete/add-on graphics card fitted to this machine. The integrated Intel GMA X4500 bears no support whatsoever in OS X.

I've seen that some of those old RM One were fitted with nVidia G210; that's supported Ok. Failing that, there are plenty of cheap entry level cards that should fit in there and that are compatible with OS X. Eg: the cheap and chearful nVidia GT610. You can search the forum (and the Net), plenty of posts on that matter.

• Administrators

that would require knowing more about your specific machine like getting hardware dump and a ACPI dump or a darwindumper app output  file. if that machine does not have UEFI capable bios then try with chameleon as the boot loader .