D630 + Nvidia NVS135m = Nightmare! on Lion 10.7+

carbon16

have you tried removing or disabling the wifi cards if there intel.

Yup. I disabled the WIFI card. I tried booting into 64bit like carbon16 talked about in another thread. That seems to work better because I don't get stuck anymore. But now every few boots I get a Kernel panic (attached).

I'm gonna try updating to 10.7.2 and also see how the system works in 10.6+

post-3439-016805200 1326342688.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings, having identical issues with my 630 Nvidia. Screen goes black to desktop, audio working at that point however. Should also add that I've tried editing the bootplist with GraphicsEnabler=no and Graphics Mode=1280x800 (as listed in my bios), still no love. Only work-around is to run 630Intel from EDP, edit bootplist with GraphicsEnabler=yes. Any1 found a true solution, while still using the 630 Nvidia DSDT?

After using Cham. Wizard, and applying these suggestions, boot up renders success 4 out of 7 times on average. The remaining 3 result in a black screen, or kp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited in Boot.plist

hardware id injection removed

graphics enabler=yes

vbios (checked)

pciroot=1 (checked)

Newest Chameleon

then your sata controler is not being detected... sometimes npci=0x2000 and or PciRoot=1 helps or you have to use ioata family from 10.6.7. or dsdt has to be patched for your ich again for some reason.

I think this helped: npci=0x2000 along with upgrade to 10.7.2 and booting in x64bit. However the system was really slow. I wanted to see how 10.6.X worked. In 10.6.7 everything is working flawlessly and very quickly. I will try Lion again when I get some more time (and an ssd) and report back. Thanks for the help!

copy and save your ioatafamily kext while you on 10.6.7 it could come in handy for you on lion to speed things up

10.7.2 runs alright with the Intel D630 EDP, it's manageable for now, EXCEPT it won't power off completely... any way of dealing with that? By the way Bronx, I do have a stock IOATAfamily.kext from 10.6.7. Would that be useful to you.. you're welcome to it. Thx. ssprod

UPDATE: Have edited EDP's latest D630Nvidia DSDT, booting successfully without black screen, however unit does not recognize DVDwink.gif thx