Yosemite on a DELL Latitude D830 Nivida

SeanOMik

I tried to make a yosemite installer for a D830 it didn't work, I made a forum and said that that tuturial is out of date and would be surprised if it still worked. Im yondering if anybody could create a tuturial and just paste it in a reply. I cant find anything on anybody making a installer that worked with the D830 that isn't outdated.

• Administrators

You can follow my ElCapitan guide for the D630 nVidia, using the D830 bootpack (or not). The only difference is that Yosemite does not require the CsrActiveConfig parameter (no SIP issue in Yos like in EC), just the kext-dev-mode parameter that you set to 1.

• Administrators

The kernel file goes under the name "kernel" in a folder called "Kernels", itself located in /System/Library. The "Kernels" folder does not exist by default and needs to be manually created for the Enoch / Chameleon based method.

Sorry its been so long, but do I use Enoch, because that's what I'm using right now, I'm using Version Enoch 2795.

EDIT

Im also supposed to boot off the USB drive and choose the partition of what I made when I partitioned the hard drive during the installer right?

Also when I try to use Enoch the same thing happends

• Administrators

You boot off the USB driver right after Yosemite installation on your HDD/SSD because, at that initial stage, the bootloader is not installed on the disk/partition. Once it's installed, you no longer require to boot via the USB key.