[SOLVED] E5530 + El Capitan | Integrated Webcam

dpw95

Thanks to the guidance of some amazing forum members to the thread below, I was able to get El Capitan installed on my Latitude E5530.

Link:  https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8592-solved-dell-latitude-e5530-el-capitan-success/

One thing I discovered is that the integrated webcam isn't recognized.  Has anyone had success in getting this to work?

When I had Yosemite on this same unit previously, the webcam was immediately available post-install.

Any tips or tricks that worked for you for this?

• Administrators

If you have no USB-related issue, then you're probably in the presence of an unsupported model and there's little you can do about it. But it's difficult to say much really since you've provided no info on webcam model, no IOReg output and no SysProfiler output. So, basically, we just don't know what you have...

Sorry for the delay on this Hervé & company....

With your reference to IOReg and SysProfiler output, are there steps published on the site here somewhere which will guide me through how to pull that information?

As for the camera model, Dell's web site shows that this computer's web camera is Dell part # Y4TWT.  I'm wondering if I might need to reinstall Yosemite (where the web cam was detected & working) in order to be able to see how it is listed in System Information if that is the detail for which you're looking for this piece.

• Administrators

SysProfiler is available through:

1) Apple menu -> About this Mac -> System Report

or

2) CMD-Apple Menu -> System information

Post the details listed for your Webcam (take a screenshot or post the vendor + device id).

Before with El Capitan, under System Information > Hardware > Camera, it would say that no devices were found.

I went ahead and did a clean install of Yosemite.  Going back to System Information > Hardware > Camera, the following is populated for the integrated web cam:

Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_E4HD:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_25739

Unique ID: 0x1a1500000c45648b