E6430 NVS5200M Sleep

sefki21

Hi OSXLatitude Community!

I'm writing regarding a sleeping issue of E6430 with NVS5200M.

Specs: E6430,  NVS5200M, 1600x900, 3840QM, A07 BIOS, Clover

Main-Issue: Laptop goes into the state of sleep, but then immediately comes out of sleep and reboots.

Tried a lot of stuff/dsdt's (Jake Lo's El Capitan Guide DSDT, DSDT-NVS.aml, DSDT-OFF.aml and so on..)

Then there seems to be a solution from "wern apfel", but only for 6420 (tried that DSDT too)

Also tried the thing with changing Hibernatemode to 0, 3 or 25. Didn't work.

attached you can find my DSDT, SSDT and Config for Clover:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mwgkf3b9vl7qums/AAAgIz-wddMQSDAgLqxjaqrqa?dl=0

my SSDT I created with ssdtPRGen and my DSDT compiled via following patch:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/olj8vvvnq2xi4in/Dell%20E5x30%201600x900%20patches.txt

Is there any solution you guys are aware of, which i could try? 

Did you try these steps?

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8368-e6420-intel-hd3000-el-capitan/?p=54915

Check your hibernation mode in Terminal with command:
sudo pmset -g

Make sure to disable hibernation as it's a prerequisite to get sleep & wake to work Ok on a Hackintosh. If you have a sleepimage file in /var/vm, delete it:
sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

For additional tranquility, you may even set your sleep image to null device so that no file ever exists and prevents wake/reboot:
sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null

• Administrators

The described behaviour will not be linked to hibernation mode at all. It's more of an issue either with CPU power management or DSDT patching, probably for USB devices.

Do you have CPU power management properly working (min/max/intermediate CPU frequencies + Turbo boost)? No sleep possible under NullCPUPM.

The described behaviour will not be linked to hibernation mode at all. It's more of an issue either with CPU power management or DSDT patching, probably for USB devices.

Do you have CPU power management properly working (min/max/intermediate CPU frequencies + Turbo boost)? No sleep possible under NullCPUPM.

hmm .. i managed to find the issue, why the notebook automatically came out of sleep. With deactivating iCloud Adress Book Sync it now goes successful into sleep. After pressing the Power Button, the OS X Screen, where i was, comes up "freezed" and the machine reboots then. Does this still look like a CPU Issue?

as far as i can tell, CPU Power Management works well (checked via Intel Power Gadget). Any other way to test this?

So far I'm not able to get sleep with the NVS graphics. You'll need to use DSDT-off to disable the Nvidia card, rename it to DSDT.aml and enable Optimus in the BIOS.

i'm not even able to boot with DSDT-off. With Optimus enabled - it loads almost the half of the boot screen loader and then black screen.

EDIT: I patched my own DSDT with the _OFF Method and disabled the NVS Chip. Still freeze after Sleep.   :(

Edited by Hervé

So far I'm not able to get sleep with the NVS graphics. You'll need to use DSDT-off to disable the Nvidia card, rename it to DSDT.aml and enable Optimus in the BIOS.

hey there patched this manualy by adding the OFF/PS3 var from SSDT-7 to DSDT and call it at the right place... NVS disabled now

CPU Powermanagement works fine for me. But ran into a strange fact:

I'm using double RAM (HX321LS11IB2K2/16). i just noticed by "mistake", if i boot with 1 Stick Sleep works! with 2 not. Is this a DSDT Issue? How can i fix this?