Latitude E6500 El Capitan no sound

Pupilliam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I went ahead with the re-image. 

I tried putting the VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler in /S/L/E and still no sound.

Sound Settings panel shows "No audio output devices" and VoodooHDA panel pops up and says "No VoodooHDA devices installed!"

Any thoughts? I've considered patching AppleHDA, but that seems like a huge pain to do, even though other people are not having problems with the VoodooHDA with similar builds (E6400).

• Administrators

What's the audio chip or codec on the E6500? It may show in the BIOS information page, if not, a lspci -nn Terminal command or DCPIManager will list the hardware ids. Once you've identified it, you may easily patch the AppleHDA kext.

Try VoodooHDA from this link.

That's the bootpack I started with :P

After that VoodooHDA didn't work, I got both versions from SourceForge

What's the audio chip or codec on the E6500? It may show in the BIOS information page, if not, a lspci -nn Terminal command or DCPIManager will list the hardware ids. Once you've identified it, you may easily patch the AppleHDA kext.

lspci returned... command not found. Isn't it on Mac?

I'll fire up a good ol' Ubuntu stick to run it.

Alright, my audio controller is IDT 92HD71. Got it from BIOS. 

If either of you have instructions somewhere (or an already patched AppleHDa for this controller), just send me the link and I'll get to it.

Again, thank you so much for the help.

This can be marked as solved. I downloaded the .pkg installer from SourceForge and it worked to install VoodooHDA.

I had to edit the info.plist to enable volume slider control, in case anyone else needs help with topic.

EDIT: You also have to disable Intel Speedstep in BIOS to make sound work properly.

• Administrators

Try the attached 10.11.3 AppleHDA kext (v272.51.3) patched for IDT 92HD71 (you'll have to remove VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler kexts). You may need to add EAPDFix + CodecCommander in order to gain jack/headphone output and audio after sleep (but check without 1st). If audio works with patched AppleHDA, try re-instating SpeedStep in BIOS too.

AppleHDA_IDT692HD71.kext.zip EAPDFix.kext.zip CodecCommander.kext.zip