EDP 2.2 is broken

spotter

EDP 2.2 comes with a 0EDP.kext directory with (I'm guessing) 19 kexts already in the PlugIns directory.

rebuild.sh should be deleting them, but it isn't (unsure why).

Basically this means, when one generates it, it will have a lot of bad kexts (and possibly contradictory) that are all loaded together.

For example, I was wondering why SleepEnabler was being loaded when I booted, took me a while to realize it was in the 0EDP and how it was getting there (as it wasn't in /Extra/Extensions

To fix this, I had to boot into my myHack installer usb and delete all its contents manually. If I tried to boot normally with this invalid 0EDP.kext it just hung at PCI stuff.

No, it has nothing to do with permissions.

rebuild.sh runs

rm -Rf '/Extra/0EDP.kext/Content/Plugins/*' (this is visible if you set -x rebuild.sh)

quotes prevent the * from expanding and causes the command to do nothing.

I honestly have no idea how it works for you, except if you are running it in a different manner with a different shell.

I sudo -s to root, cd /Extra and ./edptool.command

• Administrators

No, it has nothing to do with permissions.

rebuild.sh runs

rm -Rf '/Extra/0EDP.kext/Content/Plugins/*' (this is visible if you set -x rebuild.sh)

quotes prevent the * from expanding and causes the command to do nothing.

I honestly have no idea how it works for you, except if you are running it in a different manner with a different shell.

I sudo -s to root, cd /Extra and ./edptool.command

You dont have todo any sudo yourself, just run edptool.command .. and dont run rebuild.sh directly.. call it from edptool.

I'v done 8 test scenarios, and can't get it to fail..

Look here....

--------

Generating /Extra/Extensions.mkext (used as a backup solution)

Fixing permissions for /Extra (running chown and chmod)

Cleaning /Extra/0edp.kext...

Copying kexts from /Extra/Extensions/ to 0edp.kext

Settings permissions for /Extra/0edp.kext

Copying /Extra/0edp.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

Generating new kernel cache...

kextcache will now build a new linked kernel, please give it a few minutes before you restart...

------------- Running other OSX Fixes ----------------

Applying fix for .. Waiting for DSMOS, by running chown on /

Applying fix for missing /var/db/BootCache.playlist

Build done, hit ENTER to return to main menu....

Hi Folks! I'm impressed with your work. I have had SL for some time now so I upgraded to Lion with EPD 2.1 Worked like a charm. Then I could purchase an D830 NViDiA for a 100 euro's! I installed 10.7.2 with the latest EPD (2.2). Now when I restart I (more often than not) get no desktop after the (nice) OSXLatitude startup screen. Sometimes after I restart it does come up.

Also sometimes the lower keys from my keyboard do not work (N,B,V etc. also the arrow keys.). If I attach an external keyboard and reatart all is fine. Strange... Do some of you recognise this?

Greets, Bart

(Latitude D820 and now also D830 both with NViDiA)

Update: I did a complete reinstall and ran the EPD and command line configuration. It works fine. I must have done something wrong.

One thing keeps BUGing me and that is the Bluetooth setup assistant. It is called into action if a keyboard or mouse is not found. I recon the KEXT is loaded just after the Bluetooth trigger. I shut it off in Systm Preferences.