Latitude E6420 Nvs4200M Yosemite

kaspar

hi!

i installed Yosemite 10.10.1 with this Jake Lo's method .
after installing the kexts and using  this DSTD (E6420/E6520 Optimus Disabled = DSDT-NVS.aml ; uncheck Optimus in BIOS) screen goes black. i can only get picture with nv_disable=1. 
Optimus is disabled. I need help. 

Intel Core i5 2520M (integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000)

8 Gb RAM
NVIDIA NVS 4200M
HiRes 1600x900 LCD
WIFI - Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 (not working yet, using WIFI stick)
bios A22

thank u for the Wern's DSDT, it got audio working. Brightness still not working... but at  moment it's not a issue - i found free soft from AppStore - Brightness Slider what allows to control brightness. And also the BrightnessFix works... 
Now i have to get internal WIFI card working... any ideas?

• Moderators

You should have no issue upgrading to 10.10.5 with combo update. Make sure to add nullcpupowermanagement to /extra/extensions prior to the update as stated in my guide. Then install the updated files and then remove NullCPU...

If you want to stick with Chameleon loader when installing El Capitan, this is a good guide, just use your current /Extra folder as bootpack.

Only significant change is that you need the Enoch branch of Chameleon and SIP disabled, all covered in Hervé's guide.

Otherwise, I have a Clover guide for El Capitan, use the E6420 bootpack but replace DSDT with your current DSDT.