Broadcom BCM43225HMB (Azurewave AW-NB290H)

GigaSonic

• Administrators

Bluetooth modules of combo mini PCIe cards operate as USB devices. You don't usually need kext for them, they either work or don't, depending on the chip. Patching of vanilla Bluetooth kext can provide capability to enable/disable (turn on/off) BT (through Finder's bar icon) but that's about it.

If any modification is required for Bluetooth, it's usually a firmware mod.

I'm not seeing any BT reference in your SysProfiler, are you sure it's enabled in BIOS? Could be an issue with your USB ports too...

• Administrators

Duly noted about BT being enabled in BIOS.

By their own very nature, you don't (can't) inject USB devices in/through DSDT. And don't confuse external USB2.0/USB3.0 ports and internal USB (sometimes 1.x) ports. I'm not sure those are working Ok for you... Can you extract an IOReg with IORegistryExplorer and post it?

• Administrators

There's no sign of a Bluetooth device on your USB bus... Are you sure you have the AzureWave model with Bluetooth? There is a 943225HM (no BT) and a 943225HMB (with BT).

USB_bus_Michael_IOReg.jpg

If you're certain to have the HMB model and BT works in Windows, I'd strongly recommend you tape Pin20 as suggested by Bronxtech. Windows might be disabling BT on shutdown (taping Pin20 would keep the card fully activated).

Pin20.jpg Pin20_#2.jpg

You could also try those 2 kexts in /S/L/E. They're Rehabman's work. They're also for ElCapitan, not for earlier versions but Rehabman's repo stipulates that the AzureWave BCM943225 does not normally require special FW for Bluetooth to be operational under OS X; 'should work OOB...

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.zip BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.zip

• Like 1