Itunes Black Screen on Lenovo z51 50

REEMA

Hi all friends and admins

I successfully installed El Capitan 10.11.3 on my Lenovo Z51 50 (not the AMD one) using the EDP bootpack provided in the site.

I have a problem playing iTunes video trials. It keeps a black screen, only I can hear the video sound. Is it an unsolved problem or there is any solution to it? Also FaceTime is not working.

Please help me if anyone knows what I can do.

I can help anyone who need help installing El Capitan on Lenovo Z51 50.

• Administrators

Please restrict your posts to lower case...

You may require some additional graphics tuning for this iTunes issue...

For FaceTime, make sure to have your LAN card registered an 1st interface en0, not en1 as can often be the case when the necessary driver is installed after wifi. you can check that out in SysProfiler or with Terminal command ifconfig. To fix this, remove all wifi and LAN interface from your Network PrefPane and all files from folder /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, reboot then add the interfaces manually, starting by LAN. Interfaces may actually be automatically re-instated after reboot and LAN should be en0. If necessary, you'll easily identify each 'en' interface with the MAC address.

Network_PrefPane_Ethernet.jpg ifconfig.jpg

• Administrators

It was just a thought but on quickly searching the Net, I found many posts about DRM-related issues with iTunes: Ivy Bridge & Haswell Hackintoshes apparently cannot play DRM protected contents. No workaround. Posts also indicate that there would be no such issue with Sandy Bridge Hackintoshes under certain conditions...

If this is true and your Lenovo falls within the above 2 categories, you can't do anything.