Install usb won't boot for Dell 3340

rcboosted

USB shows usb 2.0 bus, 3.0 bus and the web cam under usb 2.0 hub only.  My 2nd ioreg was run before I ran the permission fix, I'll attache another here after the permission fix and reboot.  Here's the permission fix output and snipped /S/L/E directory content.

$ sudo ./permission.sh 

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC255.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel not cached.

Successfully updated disk0s3.

kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

Finished

$ ls -ltrh /System/Library/Extensions/

~~~

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel   102B Feb  4 13:26 FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel   102B Feb  4 13:26 FakePCIID.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel   102B Feb  4 13:26 BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel   102B Feb  4 21:51 BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

bt-problem.ioreg.zip

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I don't see BrcmPatchRam2, try downloading from Rehabman's Git

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix_beta5.kext

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC293C.kext

Finished

Ok. So I removed the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext I got from your pack, and copied the one from Rehabman to /S/L/E, ran the permission script, but the output still doesn't show BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, eventhough the kext is there.  I tried copying both from terminal or from finder, it made no difference. 

Still no go. :(  I used Easy Kext since I couldn't find Kext Wizard that is recent.  

Poking around the directories, I see that in /EFI/Clover/kext/other, there is a FakePCIID.kext, and in /S/L/E/, there's another FakePCIID.kext that was installed as part of the wifi kext install.  I think they're both needed to inject the wifi (in /S/L/E) and HD graphics (in /EFI).

*edit*  tried Kext Wizard too, same result.

I finally got it working!  Bluetooth is working now!  Since I just recently got through getting USB 3.0 working for my desktop on El Capitan, I took some notes.  Following those notes, plus using the BrcmFirwareRepo and RAM2 kext, it worked! Here's what I did in case anyone else runs into the same issue:

Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the latest distribution here. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads and USBInjectAll.kext from the latest distribution here. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads Put them in /Volume/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11... on your system boot drive. (I had to create 10.11 directory since it was removed during install for Latitude 3340) This is done by opening Clover Configurator, mount EFI and dragging and dropping them to the directory.

Then with the EFI mounted, double click on config.plist to load the config to Clover Configurator, go to Acpi, under the DSDT -> Patches, click on the small "+" sign to the bottom right of the box to add patches. 2 are needed.

Comment                       Find*          Replace
Change EHC1 to EHC01   45484331   45483031
Change EHC2 to EHC02   45484332   45483032

go to Boot section, in the Custom Flags box, add: (this part was necessary for my Desktop, so I did it for my laptop without checking if it worked without it)
-uia_exclude_hs

File -> Save. Then close clover configurator. Click away the warning about not able to save different versions. After reboot, I can see the USB section had the bluetooth listed, but nothing under bluetooth section in system report. At this time I was using BrcmFirmwareData.kext in /EFI/Clover/kext, so I removed those and tried BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext next.

Copy BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /S/L/E from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM then run the permission fix.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC255.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

This time, I finally see BrcmPatchRAM2.kext on the screen, vs perviously it was absent.  I also saw the bluetooth section in system report populated immediately after rebuilding the cache.  I restarted the system regardless.  Now I'm playing audio via my BT speaker.  :D