Help with ElCapitan on Latitude E6400

mandy32

Hi

I need help to stabilize El-Capitan on E6400 nVidia with a P9500 Its a Chameleon Enoch rev.2737 installation.

It  would not boot without the -f boot flag and the camera not working  please!

Would you please Jake Lo, Hervé Bronxteck or any member please point me in a right direction or send me a link which would be much appreciated

Thanks

• Administrators

Enoch r2795 highly recommended. You should update your bootloader. Did you configure a kernel.plist file? Mind you, I can't remember if that was available before r2760 ?

With r2760 and above, kexts placed in /E/E won't be injected (loaded) unless you set KernelBooter_kexts boot option to Yes. If you want to cache them, move or copy them to /L/E (or /S/L/E), repair permissions, rebuild cache and boot with KernelBooter_kexts set to No.

Hervé

Great thanks  that was quick. I would use the r2795.

Eariler I even use your El-capitanD630 nvidia bootpack  and edited the kernel.plist  and copied kext from /E/E to /L/E  and repaired permission

can I still use your El-Capitan  D630 nvidia  Bootpack?

Yeah thanks

I noticed with the LAN  also the DSDT was D630 specifieds. would reuse the common ones then and feedback since I realized the E6400 hasn't got a dedicated topic or bootpack like the great D630 though I know E6400 has most similarities like the E6500

Hi Hervé

Kindly send me  a patched DSDT for  E6400 or E6500  you know the boards have Intel GM45 /PM45  chipset I tried Olarila but no luck for my model.

Better still I'll wait if you wold send me a complete Extra bootpack with USB support to get the camera that would we excellent.

It nVidia Quadro NVS 160M  GPU board using Enoch .2795 boot

Thanks for all your help

• Administrators

I'd love to help but I've never kept a copy of all the bootpacks. Clearly, packs for the E6400/6500 are missing from the site, so you'll have to ask EmlyDinesh. He maintains the database and took everything offline all those months ago for a ("quick") revamp...

Failing that, search for a pack in the existing threads.

Sorry, can't do  more on that front...

Hi

EmlyDinesh thanks for your response to remind you I hope you get some time and lay hands on any of the bootpacks if you've still got then in your archive !!

Also anyone there with E6500 / E6400 bootpack ideally viable for Enoch boot would be much appreciated

Thanks

Hi all

Glad and grateful to get the El-capitan 10.11.3 using Enoch boot  working on E6400 except sleep / wake.

Completed the installation building a bootpack from some common kext from a stable D630 as mentioned earlier.

Thanks for a USB injection DSDT for E6500 from Hervé modification, with the exception of sleep / wake otherwise USB and Camera and both Ethernet and Wifi network working with a stable boot and hope to get the sleep / wake working eventually but  I am grateful

Thanks