Experience for SSD on Lion 10.7.2 anyone ?

Shiki

Hi Guy,

I'm wondering if many users tried out SSD on lion? I read up topics in internet that lion do support TRIM but, only on APPLE SSD.

Hence i tried patching the Kext to remove the string "APPLE SSD" to Zero.

But it doesn't seems to work for my SSD (ADATA S510), maybe this model is too old.

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Anyone can share your experience?

TY

You can use trim enabler to enable 3th. party SSDTrim support on Lion (your ssd needs to support TRIM offcourse)

Download from: http://team.osxlatit...M%20Enabler.zip

I tried the Trim enabler 2.0 too, but no avail. The spec of my SSD ADATA S510 showed that it do support trim.

http://www.adata.com...eet-S510-EN.pdf

I think i need to run other apps to dig detail spec of this ssd :/

• Administrators

I dont think machine support is needed for TRIM, just HD and OS.. atleast thats how i understand the specification.. try and look up your HD model number and have a look at the vendor spec

• Like 1

I dont think machine support is needed for TRIM, just HD and OS.. atleast thats how i understand the specification.. try and look up your HD model number and have a look at the vendor spec

Hi Leon, i just get hold of another SSD (Plextor PX-128M2P) installed lion on this D620 (EDP2.2) but still having same results. I guess the OS can't detect the SSD. :/

I wonder is there anything i went wrong on lion installation ?huh.gif

Any D620 Lion on SSD user out there ??

• Administrators

Hi Leon, i just get hold of another SSD (Plextor PX-128M2P) installed lion on this D620 (EDP2.2) but still having same results. I guess the OS can't detect the SSD. :/

I wonder is there anything i went wrong on lion installation ?huh.gif

Any D620 Lion on SSD user out there ??

You can see the disk in bios and install OSX onto it ?.. but not boot from it ?

You can see the disk in bios and install OSX onto it ?.. but not boot from it ?

Hi Leon,

Sorry for the miscom. Yes, i can see both SSD in bios and able to boot and install Lion over it. Just that the TRIM option isn't show in Hardware info - SATA. See attach pix

post-102-044513000 1321799953_thumb.png

• Administrators

Hi Leon,

Sorry for the miscom. Yes, i can see both SSD in bios and able to boot and install Lion over it. Just that the TRIM option isn't show in Hardware info - SATA. See attach pix

Screen Shot 2011-11-20 at 10.33.08 PM.png

Have you tried the "TRIM Enabler" and are you 100% sure that TRIM is supported by the SSD ? (i have 3 x ssd, only one support TRIM

Have you tried the "TRIM Enabler" and are you 100% sure that TRIM is supported by the SSD ? (i have 3 x ssd, only one support TRIM

Yes, i have tried the Trim Enabler 1.2 and 2.0Beta too. 100% sure the both SSD (Plextor PX-128M2P and ADATA S510) support TRIM.

The below is the diskutil info /dev/disk0 on my SSD, there should be one more row mention " Solid Sate: Yes / NO " and it's missing from my Lion, hence maybe some drivers are missing or it can't detect my SSD due to compatible issue sad.gif

shiki-win7pc:~ shiki$ diskutil info /dev/disk0

Device Identifier: disk0

Device Node: /dev/disk0

Part of Whole: disk0

Device / Media Name: ADATA SSD S510 120GB Volume Name: Not applicable (no file system)

Mounted: Not applicable (no file system)

File System: None

Content (IOContent): GUID_partition_scheme

OS Can Be Installed: No

Media Type: Generic Protocol: SATA SMART Status: Verified Total Size: 120.0 GB (120034123776 Bytes) (exactly 234441648 512-Byte-Blocks)

Volume Free Space: Not applicable (no file system)

Device Block Size: 512 Bytes Read-Only Media: No

Read-Only Volume: Not applicable (no file system)

Ejectable: No Whole: Yes

Internal: Yes

OS 9 Drivers: No

Low Level Format: Not supported