Create a E6420 "specific" Yosemite install USB

dlp

Good morning,

I was finally able to make my Dell E6420 fully working installing, Yosemite and all related drivers. I don't remember how many tries i had to do before the final one. I found out that the laptop i have is a mixed specs of an E6220 and an E6420 so i had to use different kext from different guides in this site and don't know anymore which drivers i used to make ti work.

Before i start installing all software needed, i was wondering if there is a way to create a Yosemite install USB starting from the system i just created. In other words, How can i create a USB that will install Yosemite including all drivers that are currently in my working laptop without having to redo the whole procedure from scratch in case the drive crashes?

Thank you for your help.

Davide

• Administrators

Just keep a copy of all your specific files in a "pack" folder (DSDT, SSDT, kexts, Chameleon boot plist/SMBIOS plist, Clover config plist, Enoch kernel plist, etc.).

Thereafter, the process to create a USB installer and to install OS X is always the same for Yosemite and or El Capitan. For earlier versions, you could use myHack with a computer-specific bootpack (or a generic one).

• Moderators

What loader are you using? Clover or Chameleon

Chameleon = You need the Extra folder copy to the USB installer, that's your bootpack

Clover = You need to Clover folder from the EFI partition, this is your bootpack

Run this from terminal to determine which kexts you have installed to /System/Library/Extensions. You can then copy those kexts to a folder in the USB to be installer later. You can install kexts with Kextwizard or other kext utility.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /