TurboBoost on AC Adapter E6520

fweak

Hello,

I isolated my turboboost problem and I found out that when I'm using the battery, the cpu works as intended (min x8 max x32) multiplier but as soon as I plug the AC Adapter, max ratio drops to x22.

I tried every E6x20 dsdt but now I'm using my own patched one and I'm using ssdt from ssdtprgen. 

Anyone could come up with a fix?!

Thank you very much!

• Administrators

Maybe it's not DSDT related then. Can you please post the list of kexts you're using and detail of your SMBIOS + boot plist (whether Chameleon boot plist or Clover config.plist)?

What kind of power adapter is it by the way? 45W, 65W or 90W ?

This is the list of the kexts I use:

- ACPIBatteryManager.kext

- FakeSMC.kext

-VoodooPS2Controller.kext

- AppleIntelE1000e.kext

- VoodooHDA.kext

SMBios MBP8,1

The AC adapter is not the original one but is Dell branded 65w... Could it be related? I find this interesting since I had POST messages about it before.

Thank you!!

config.plist.zip

• Administrators

Some Latitude E Series (like the E6440) require a 90W adapter. Check whether this applies to the E6520. Nothing wrong with your kexts or config.plist. At this stage, on the basis that you're getting POST messages about it, I'd suspect your adapter is not suitable...

Yes, when I put the computer to sleep (which only works when I boot with HD3000) and wakes up, the cpu frequencies are ok.

I doubt that ACPIBatteryManager is the problem because I have the same problem without it.

Kexts related (from kexstat)

org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1394) 2DBA2F88-A115-386A-85D0-F88021A4D2E3 <11 7 5 4 3 1>

org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager (1.60.5) 75A24811-F4EB-3665-AD7F-E46DF06E538C <11 4 3>

I don't know what to think anymore!

Merci beaucoup pour votre support!

dsdt.aml.zip