I don't know what I'm doing wrong with E6500 and OS X El Capitan

mergesoft

• Administrators

Look like we'll have to wait...

Well, here's a pre-made USB-Injector that should work on the E6500 with the attached revised DSDT.

E6500_USB_Injector.kext.zip patched_E6500_dsdt.aml.zip

I also attach a E6500-oriented FakeSMC (+associated HWMonitor) that includes the AGPM tuning that should provide native CPU SpeedStep (With P & C States enabled in boot plist) + native GPU throttling.

HWSensors_package_E6500.zip

I used mergesoft's Extra folder for kicks and didn't have any luck. One 2 of the USB ports I get stuck on...

Still waiting for root device

On the lower USB port on the right which seemed to have worked for mergesoft, I get stuck on...

en0: channel changed to 1

I hope the BIOS he used with his DSDT was A29 or I am barking up the wrong tree anyways. If I could get it installed I could do the IOReg thing...

PS - I dunno why mergesoft says 4 USB ports. The bottom port on left is eSATA port.

• Administrators

@griftopia: when you get the "still waiting for root device..." message, try to simply unplug then replug your USB key. Sometimes, it gets the boot process to continue.

Please note that, as hinted by Bronxteck, there are 3 x USB ports on the E6500: 2 x USB2.0 at the right + 1 combo e-SATA/USB2.0 at the left. Do think of checking your system's specs on the manufacturer's web site...