E6420 El Capitan booting Clover issue

krazy.com

Hello!

I have installed El Capitan in my E6420 following Jake Lo's "Dell Latitude / Inspiron El Capitan Clover Guide". (used E6220 bootpack).

I still have to fine-tune installation but I have one doubt regarding Clover boot: Why I can only boot legacy?

Even enabling UEFI in BIOS I can´t see UEFI boot entry after pressing F12....

My plans are to dual boot Windows 10, so partition must be GPT pure...

Thx

• Like 1

Thx for the reply....

If I do so... my disk will be hybrid GPT... is that correct?

What about HFSPlus.efi... could address the issue without changing gpt?

EDIT: I had an idea... My goal is to dual boot using UEFI... what about install windows and use its EFI partition to house clover?

I'm confused...

Is that something with my process?

Just formatted HDD with installation disk of MAvericks ( half disk GPT/GUID and half free space) then installed El Capitan ... didn't proceed with post installation... the EFI partition in OSX disk is formatted FAT32...

I'm reading a lot... and what I've learned and experienced is that if a GPT disk have a FAT partition windows won't install considering the disk GPT Hybrid...

What am i doing wrong?

Formatting the EFI partition FAT16 will solve the UEFI boot issue... but not the Hybrid GPT table...

I'm considering keep clover in a pendrive to boot... but how to maintain the disk pure GPT? Can I format the OSX's EFI partition GUID/Journaled and then convert the disk pure GPT to install Windows?

Off-topic: I had the issue with CoreStorage (same as this topic: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8668-e6420-eo-capitan-cant-boot-from-hdd/) and was solved reinstalling the system...

Just installed Clover in a pen drive and booted UEFI thanks to Jake Lo tip.... the installation of Clover was a bit different from the guide... later I will register it...

The boot time was way too fast....

But I still need to install W10 in the same disk....

Need some ideas... :D