E6420 El Capitan booting Clover issue

krazy.com

You're right Bronxteck it's not clear.... My bad! I'm better reading in english than writing... :P

The Goal is dual boot OSX/Windows in one HDD...

So, I will share my findings...

What I do have now:

- Windows Legacy;

- OSX Legacy;

- OSX UEFI....

Each one in separated HDDs...

I was stucked in Windows UEFI installation (couldn't get rid of "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed." error), the same issue I faced in 2014 (This is well documented in npjohnson's Mavericks installation guide, back in 14 July 2014)...

The fact is, as I suspected, Intel 6 series chipsets UEFI support are buggy... I found a lot of posts with the same issue...

Yesterday, finally, I could install Windows in UEFI mode... I booted Clover in legacy mode (using a pendrive) and select Windows media CD in UEFI... That´s it....

This Weekend I'll try to dual boot same HDD...

Hope come back with good News...

Thx

The fact is, as I suspected, Intel 6 series chipsets UEFI support are buggy... I found a lot of posts with the same issue...´

No issues here with UEFI, it runs flawlessly for more than a year on my SSD, also on a test drive with 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 and Windows, where i use legacy and UEFI.

I managed to boot from UEFI's HDD partition (it's formatted FAT32)... This HDD is a small one for test purposes....

I finished my backup and will try to reproduce these results in my main larger HDD... but right now I can't get UEFI to read the EFI partition to create the UEFI boot entry... let's see what happen after Windows install...

Thx

I managed to boot from UEFI's HDD partition (it's formatted FAT32)... This HDD is a small one for test purposes....

I finished my backup and will try to reproduce these results in my main larger HDD... but right now I can't get UEFI to read the EFI partition to create the UEFI boot entry... let's see what happen after Windows install...

Thx

On both of my drives the EFI partition is FAT32, if it freezes you can try to add the path manually, no issues here

post-7507-0-22246700-1458233088_thumb.jpg