Optiplex 3020?

sebus

I’m currently waiting for a DisplayPort to HDMI cable to arrive so cannot confirm HDMI audio just yet. Yes I use VoodooHDA currently. I followed ioncatanas’ guide referencing yours back on page 3. The only kext I added myself was a Realtek one to enable my Ethernet. All the rest were from ioncatanas’ attachments. I will post a screenshot for you once I get home. Will be a few hours though so dont hang about waiting for me 

Thanks ChrisStocker. Yes it does have the ALC3220 chip. I’m fairly new to hackintoshing. I tend to follow guides and don’t play around too much in case I break something! I will remember to try the AppleALC kext. Cheers

• Moderators

@borgiatos

Your files are for Nvidia card, not going to work for PaintArm, I think his system is running on HD 4600.

@PaintArm

Replace the attached contents into /EFI/Clover

Remove VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext

No need for the DP to HDMI converter. DP to DP is fine, you should be able to get audio through your DP connected monitor.

You can upgrade directly from Sierra to High Sierra like a real Mac. No need to create new installer.

High Sierra has new APFS format and will convert automatically if you have SSD drive. If you want to keep HFS+ format, see here for terminal command to install without converting (under Upgrading to High Sierra ...).

Prior to upgrading, make sure to check if you have CoreStorage (virtual drive). Revert if you do before upgrading.

See here under Core Storage for info

3020_HS.zip

Yeah, i did have the EFI folder that didn't include the Nvidia Configuration. However, with these files i just remove the nvidia card and i'm able to use the computer directly from the Display Port with no Issues (weird? ). Yeah, its an intel HD4600.