E6510 OSX EL Capitan Installation problem

krzysztofc10

HI! 

I have a problem installing OSX 10.11 on E6510, I'm running Yosemite right now without using DSDT.aml bacause it cause me KP while booting in Yosemite.

My specification:

1.6 GHz Intel Core I7 

8GB RAM DRR3

NVS 3100m 512MB

SSD 120GB

1920x1080

I know that I must change EHCI to EHC1 in dsdt.aml. So I will pass "Still waiting for root device" while booting. I've used dsdt.aml from E6410 El captian guide and also dsdt.aml from E6510 insanelymac. And in this 2 cases I have USB problem while booting post-5519-0-13494200-1456480892_thumb.jpg

I also attach dsdt.aml from 10.11 E6410 El Capitan guide.

DSDT.aml.zip

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Ideally, yes, you should change your EHCI device (not the eventual _DSM category) to EHC1 or EHC2. However, you can normally still boot the USB installer off one of the USB ports.

If you can boot without DSDT right now, do extract it off your BIOS and post it alongside a saved IOReg output from IORegistryExplorer.

What do you mean by "do extract it off your BIOS" ? "you should change your EHCI device (not the eventual _DSM category) to EHC1 or EHC2." but in this DSDT it's already changed :/ and still not boot :( Yes I had the problem before with my E6400 and it was booting fine with one USB port but here I tried every(3) port and still hangs "Still waiting for root device.." :( I save file from IOReg on Yosemite. 

MacBook Pro.zip

• Administrators

I'm always wary of using (patched) DSDTs coming from different models.

You said you were running Yosemite "without using DSDT.aml", i.e. without a patched table. As such, you can easily extract the original table from your BIOS. Patched DSDT tables always originate from there. Use any tool such as DSDTEditor, MaciASL or Chameleon Wizard to extract a file copy of your DSDT from the BIOS. You'll then have what we call a "raw DSDT".

We can then look at patching it so that it fixes whatever needs to be tuned/fixed.

• Administrators

Yes, that's totally possible.

Can you please post an IOReg (saved output from IORegistryExplorer app for instance) rather than your SysProfiler? It's not exactly the same thing... Thanks.

A few 1st comments otherwise:

• You should avoid placing those add-on kexts to /S/L/E with Clover, unless they never load if placed elsewhere. You should inject them by placing them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10. (where xx is OS X release number). If you want them cached, place them in /L/E, repair permissions and rebuild your cache.
  • Why do you use an older AppleACPIPlatform kext? It's not normally required since Mavericks (Lion and ML required roll-back to SL's kext). I would not be surprised if you USB issues came from that. I'd restore the vanilla kext.
  • You have a E6510, i.e. an older laptop with an Arrandale CPU. You should not need NullCPUPM and should be able to enjoy native CPU SpeedStep/power management as long as you select P States and C States in Clover config. You do not need any patched AICPUPM kext nor any Clover power management patch (i.e. no kernelPm or AsusAICPUPM patch necessary).
  • You have lspcidrv kext added but did you install the lspci package files (the exec + db files)? If you did not, then the kext does not serve any real purpose. myHack installed everything because Conti had included the full lspci package into his tool, Clover does not.

So the default one will be enough ? I was using it because it was in bootpack For E6410 El Capitan/ Yosemite on Insanelymac I guess. There aren't many topics about E6510 so I research for E6410 Topics and Install OS X step by step doing a little changes such as resolution etc that I am familiar with.