krzysztofc10

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

No sound but you can start and shutdown your laptop now? I'd call this progress. Audio we can fix easily in due course. It's totally secondary.

Thanks for the IOReg.

• I can see your nVidia GPU as device VID under device PEG3@3. You probably already have full graphics acceleration for your NVS 3100M (i.e. it works OOB), but I can patch it for cosmetic reasons (like display "nVidia NVS Quadro 3100M" instead of "Dell NVS 3100M) and make the LCD screen internal.
  • Your built-in screen appears as AppleDisplay, not AppleBacklightDisplay so I guess About thisMac->Displays tab shows an external screen picture instead of a laptop built-in LCD. Can you confirm?
  • if you have an HDMI output, it should work OOB (2nd nVidia output port shows HDMI connector type).
  • I'd be interested to hear if you see proper GPU throttling in HWMonitor app, especially after sleep. If you do not, AGPM tuning would probably fix that and provide you with much better GPU performance, better T° and better battery savings.
  • I see your Broadcom wireless card as device PXSX under RP02@1C,1. Presumably a DW1510.

• Administrators

Your SysProfiler shows that you're using MBP6,2 SMBIOS (which is Ok) and SMC version 1.58f17 (also Ok). I'm pretty sure your FakeSMC is therefore Ok but I'll check it out. I'll also inject an AGPM section to your FakeSMC to target your NVS 3100M GPU (ven/dev id 10de/0a6c). I'll reuse the same parameters as I did for nVidia NVS 135M of the D630/D830 series or NVS 160M of E6400/6500 series. It may turn out not fully optimum and may require further tuning but will nevertheless hopefully provide you with proper GPU throttling.

Full explanations are available here.

Edit: on checking your provided FakeSMC, no it's not tuned at all!

• Administrators

Did you remove NullCPUPM and enable P States + C states in the Clover config?

Regarding CPU speed, it's perfectly Ok to see 1.58GHz for a 1.6GHz nominal speed. Nothing to worry about, there's no bug here. Clover allows you to rectify this by specifying a nominal FSB bus speed in the CPU config menu/section. Lookup your exact CPU model and you'll find out the associated bus speed. Then, specify that (in KHz) in the Clover config.

You do not need to modify AGPM kext in /S/L/E, the FakeSMC kext already contains the necessary patch.

My CPU have Front Side Bus - 2500Mhz. Yes I Had removed it, and notice that my CPU is working fine after that. When I have NullCPUPM my CPU was working at 1.72 per core :P Ok So I had set 625 000KHz Bus speed and notice that my CPU is working at 1.60 GHz/ Ok it drops down :) DSDT, sound and Gpu left