Dell e6330

alexandervos

You 1st need to format the Windows target partition as FAT from Yosemite. You'll then be able to reformat it NTFS from the Windows installer.

Ok, i did what you said. now when im installing i get the error "Windows cant be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI Systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks"

Unfortunately, when you use OS X Disk Utility to format partitions as FAT, it will convert the disk from valid GPT to hybrid MBR.  You will need to clear the hybrid MBR data before Windows will install.  See this post.

In the future, a better approach is to allow Disk Utility to format both partitions as OS X journaled.  Then use the Windows installer to delete the 2nd OS X partition and install windows in the empty space.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, when you use OS X Disk Utility to format partitions as FAT, it will convert the disk from valid GPT to hybrid MBR.  You will need to clear the hybrid MBR data before Windows will install.  See this post.

In the future, a better approach is to allow Disk Utility to format both partitions as OS X journaled.  Then use the Windows installer to delete the 2nd OS X partition and install windows in the empty space.

Thank you, I can now dualboot due to your described method.

So it was not needed to create the FAT partition, right? I will keep that in mind for the next time I will install.

I noticed windows boots quite slow. But thats probably normal due to clover switching os's or something...

Yes it seems to be booting stable after a couple of reboots. Thanks to everyone who responded in this thread.

The thing that annoys me about OS X,  is that i cant use a right click like i normally would in windows, either on my trackpad(the right button) or with my mouse(this is my first time running os x btw) Do you know if there is a fix for simulating windows right mouse clicks?

Ok, i have tried this kext you posted, and 2 other kexts from the hackitosh vietnam tool. It wont solve my problem, ill try to describe.

When I hold an item. I am not able to release the item(eg. system preferences) Its just glued to my mouse cursor the whole time. Its driving me crazy.

And when I use logic, a single click on a item will glue it to my mouse cursor, which results that I cant do anything with logic, and have to force quit it.

I already tried taking my battery out for 30 seconds. And trying everything in the touchpad settings(system preferences)

The problem occured when I installed windows.