E6430 Intel HD4000 artefacts after installation os x 10.11

pirolito

• Administrators

You're not typing things correctly; there's no space in /L*/E*. Just do a copy/paste if you have trouble reading or typing the commands. Once you enter the right commands as provided above, things will work better. You'll have one line of warning per kext added to the /L/E.

Cache_rebuild.jpg

NB: unless you kept your /Extra folder, you'd find yourself with a file called E* at HDD's root. Not exactly what you're after...

Your're not typing things right; there's no space in /L*/E*. Just do a copy/paste if you have trouble reading or typing the commands. Once you enter the right commands as provided above, things will work better. You'll have one line of warning per kext added to the /L/E.

NB: unless you kept your /Extra folder, you'd find yourself with a file called E* at HDD's root. Not exactly what you're after...

OK! Ran again the 4 commands:

Here's the terminal output (haven't restarted yet)

*** Ignore the missing parameter command

post-90415-0-88517200-1456691299_thumb.png

• Moderators

Output looks good, but I don't see the patched kext AppleHDA_IDT.kext mentioned. Recopy the kext to /L/E, you'll get an error. Click to ignore the message and run the commands again.

You should see AppleHdA_IDT mentioned and a successful update at the end. Reboot to see if audio works.

• Administrators

Jake, these AppleHDA_IDT kexts have never worked for me. I've always needed the actual patched AppleHDA. You sure of those?

Pirolito, I don't think the cache actually got rebuilt. Re-enter the last 2 commands. You should definitely have a warning for every kext added to /L/E; you did not get that.

sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
or try:

sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
The last one will most definetely recreate prelinked kernel and rebuild cache.

@Hervé

Yes, the dummy kext works as long as you have the vanilla AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E and the patches on the fly in Clover Config.

Of course it'll require that cache is working for on the fly to work.

Just checked an i don't have AppleHDA.kext on /S/L/E

• Administrators

If you're missing the kext, that sure won't help. Here's the vanilla file from 10.11.3...

AppleHDA.kext(v272.51.3).zip

Your prelinked kernel appears totally locked so delete it with following command then redo those 2 touch and kextcache commands again.

sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels

`

Jake, I understand better now... I'm not using Clover, i.e. no on-the-fly patches! Silly me!