USB 3.0 not working on Dell E6330, OS X 10.10.5

bisk

Aloha,

I have a nearly perfect, vanilla HackBook Pro thanks mainly to this site and this guide ...

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6372-dell-latitude-5x30-6x30-clover-install-guide/

However, one serious hurdle remains. This laptop will not recognize USB 3.0 drives reliably. It never sees them when first attached but sometimes after I sleep the unit and rewake it, they will then pop up along with a "not properly unmounted" message.

I ended up using the GenericUSBXHCI.kext along with FakePCIID + USBMux kexts to get this far but I think that even the developer of these kexts believes that they are not appropriate for this native Intel USB3 chip as the stock AppleXHCI will load if I remove the Generics. However, then the system freezes permanently when a USB 3.0 device is attached.

I should mention that USB 2. devices work just fine.

This is all running Yosemite 10.10.5 on a Dell Latitude E6330 with BIOS A11.  Heavy artefacts result with BIOS A12 and above on this one.

Anybody out there have one of these on 10.10.5 with solid USB 3.0 ?

Thanks in advance,

bisk

Hi, I followed the same guide, and I have the same laptop.

There is generic usb installed. My usb 3.0 does get picked up when I plug it in. 

I did not specifically install the kexts you mentioned. I left the usb 3.0 kext unchecked in the HVT tool.

Hope it helps.