BCM94352Z: no 5GHz wifi connexion (Lenovo Z51-70)

mixmaster57

• Administrators
  • Moderators

For Sierra 10.12.1, you'll need 4 new patches.

Comment

FVCO - wireless 10.12

Disabled

Find

gflSqgAAdSk=

Name

AirPortBrcm4360

Replace

gflSqgAAZpA=

Comment

AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 1

Disabled

Find

QTnEdRs=

Name

AirPortBrcm4360

Replace

QTnEZpA=

Comment

AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 2

Disabled

Find

QQ+3zTnBdQw=

Name

AirPortBrcm4360

Replace

QQ+3zTnBZpA=

Comment

AirPortBrcm4360 - PCI Error 3

Disabled

Find

g33EBHQG

Name

AirPortBrcm4360

Replace

g33EBGaQ

Hello,

I installed a BCM94352Z on my Z51-70 but it is only possible to connect to the 2.4 wifi network.

I tried the same card on Windows 10 and i can connect to the 5G wifi network.

So i don't understand why the wifi card cannot see the 5G wifi network on Mac OS El capitan.

Can you help me please?

I'm sorry about this late reply. I created here an account to be able to post this.

My intention here is not to "dig out old post". I was in the same situation as you. I build my first HackinTosh from scratch and ran into WiFi and BT problems. 

Here are my specs

GA-H270N WIFI 

I3 7100 intel 

250 GB SSD

Crucial 16 GB 2400 Balistix

+ bought a wifi card ( BCM94352Z Wireless-AC NGFF )

after a successful installation of Sierra 10.12.6 I could not bring WiFi to work properly. 

Had to install 4 more kexts using KextBeast (put all 4 kexts files to your desktop run KextBeast and install them into /Library/Extensions

FAKEpcIID FakePCIID.kext  

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext 

after that copy all of them to your EFI partition /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER and to /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.12

ADD the following patch to Clover in KernelAndKextPatches

Name:    AirPortBrcm4360

Find:    81F952AA00007529 

Replace: 81F952AA00006690

Comment: Brcm4360 Sierra fvco init

reboot and enjoy working BT and WiFi

I've found that, in OS X, it's better to distinguish both networks than use the same SSID on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I personally had an issue with 2 x 2.4 & 5GHz networks that shared a common SSID... until I used 2 x separate SSIDs. All my troubles then went away and I could connect safely and in a stable manner to one or the other.

Symptoms were different from yours though as I was experiencing connection dropouts; doesn't seem to be the case for you, so I'd say the patches Bronxteck linked to are probably required.

shortly after my successful installation I noticed that I can't scan any 5 GHz signals. I spent a few hours looking for a fix and found this solution. After renaming my 5 GHz signal on my WiFi Box my HackinTosh could see and successful connect to that network. There is no need to install additional patches.

I hope this finds you all well. 

PS: sorry for my English