LCD hardware issue

spotter

The LCD on my D630 seems to behaving wonky.

I rebooted and during the POST, I saw lines, I shutdown via power button and then when would boot, I'd see the backlight light up, but nothing else (though laptop seemed to work, lights blinked as expected).

Leaving it alone for a day, and LCD seemed to come back to normal, but now its done the same thing again.

any thoughts? I've heard of backlights dieing but that doesn't seem to be whats going on here.

The LCD on my D630 seems to behaving wonky.

I rebooted and during the POST, I saw lines, I shutdown via power button and then when would boot, I'd see the backlight light up, but nothing else (though laptop seemed to work, lights blinked as expected).

Leaving it alone for a day, and LCD seemed to come back to normal, but now its done the same thing again.

any thoughts? I've heard of backlights dieing but that doesn't seem to be whats going on here.

Probably a video cable being stressed as it exit the LCD thru the hinges. Download the service manual from Dell, it shows how to remove the button/LED plastic cover, then wiggle the LCD cable and see what happens. While there, press the end connector to the mother board.