Asus N56JR

mariano

• Administrators

1) you identify your hardware device in IOReg with a tool such as IORegistryExplorer.

2) then you look up that device in your DSDT

3) you add the ACPI code under that device in your DSDT.

All this is already mentioned in the post...

Hello, I tried to patch the dsdt to sd card reader, but I get the following error.
What am I doing wrong? thank you.

I enclose the dsdt.aml not patched and the patched dsdt.aml (I commented on the error, to save him)

P.S

SDXC devices did not exist in my dsdt.aml

and in the dsdt.aml that I patched, I have added a "}" at the end of the code added.

DSDT_original.aml.zip

DSDT_DTGP_error.aml.zip

post-88981-0-48845100-1458861569_thumb.png

• Administrators

You're trying to add a SDXC device when your DSDT already has a PXSX device under RP08 (assuming that's where you've located your SD card reader). That's wrong. Then, you're missing the DTGP method, so you need to add that too.

Anyway, can't really do anything without your IOReg to verify things!

Now I tried to install the drivers:

I added the VoodooSDHC.kext (patched with pci14e4,16b; I even tried pci10ec, 5227).

Now resoconto_system drivers are installed and IOREG is active SD Card Reader; but unfortunately it still does not work ..

Why? Some solution? thanks.

I enclose in this case also IOREG, resoconto_system, etc. etc.

P.S kindly see also previous post.

VoodooSDHC.kext.zip

post-88981-0-27834600-1458870990_thumb.png

post-88981-0-71551400-1458871001_thumb.png

Resoconto_system_driver_installed.zip

IOREG_driver_installed.zip

• Administrators

Please try and understand what you're doing. Why would you patch the VoodooSDHC kext with Broadcom card reader id 14e4:16b when that device is natively supported by OS X? You only patch the VoodooSDHC kext with your own card reader id (i.e. 10ec:5227 ), nothing else.

1) You patch the VoodooSDHC with your own hardware id so that you try to get the card reader working through that kext

/driver

or (and only OR, not AND)

2) you patch your DSDT to declare your own card reader compatible with OS X natively supported/default model; the idea is that OS X then loads its native SDXC kext/driver to handle your own hardware.

Bottom line is that you must not mix the VoodooSHDC kext + DSDT patch for native SD card reader recognition. You use one OR the other. Bear in mind that there's no guarantee at all that this will work. SD card readers are like webcams: some work, some just don't.

I understand what I did. In the previous post I wrote that I have made an attempt to add the kext because now recognizes pci card reader but drivers were not loaded. as I wrote before (please if you can read) I patched before all the kext 10EC, 5227 of course, to no avail. I was aware that if I do not need the patch dsdt.aml kext, but it was an attempt to load the drivers. If you encounter any mistake in my dsdt I have attached ioreg in previous posts. If you feel like it, if you want to see them kindly. Thank you have a nice day

P.S before that I patch the dsdt.aml loading the kext VoodooSDHC.kext, this was not loaded, but now, with dsdt.aml patched, is loaded

HI,in this moment I use the dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml that I enclose.

The problem with a new SMBios is that stop does not work, and I have to put in the energy-saving setting: computer to sleep = "never."

Then in the program: FaceTime, webcam is black. The problem will be in change of the Board ID in config.plist which is now Mac-3CBD00234E554E41. First hand in SMBios3.1 the Board ID was: Mac-F42C88C8

The webcam works with Skype, however.

Thanks.

Any Solution for sleep and FaceTime?

config.plist.zip

ssdt.aml.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

post-88981-0-92188000-1459332071_thumb.png