E6330: Waiting on DSMOS . . . during install

Poolchamp

I have a:

Latitude e6330 i5-3x (Ivy Bridge, don't remember exact model, but I could look it up),

1366x768  DIsplay

BIOS A12

4GB ram. 

I have replaced the Wifi card and the HDD with a SDD.   

I am trying to install Yosemite with Clover boot loader.  Full disclosure, I have no available MAC.  I found the most recent iso version of the clover files I could find.  Should be version 2.3 3354.  I then converted the dmg to iso of Yosemite and wrote the iso to the usb drive.  I am using an external hard drive as I don't have a pendrive large enough to take the ISO that is full of empty space (silly Apple).

No matter what I try, I cannot get past "Waiting for DSMOS . . ."  (to be clear, this prints out then the cursor jumps to the next line and hangs on a blank line as opposed to hanging on the end of the DSMOS . . .)

I have FakeSMC.kext in the /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 directory and Other directory.  The kexts I am using came from this thread:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8117-dell-e6330-appleintelcpumanagament-kernel-panic/page-4

I have tried GraphicsEnabler=No,npci=0x[2/3]000, -x, removing all graphics injection in config.plist, and removed all the files in the OS X install media /S/L/E that start with AMD, AppleIntelFram, AppleIntelHD, ApplieIntelSNB, and NVD.  I realize that many of those shouldn't matter since I don't have AIT/AMD or NVidia graphics chips, but I removed them anyway just to be sure.

Attached are the kext files I have in my /EFI/Clover/kexts directory and my config.plist in my /EFI/Clover directory (all in the same zip because I guess you can't post a .plist file.

Please oh please, help me out.  Any help is much appreciated.  I thought this would be a relatively easy hackintosh install (compared to say, my desktop, which is AMD), but it has thoroughly kicked my behind.

If there is any information I seem to have missed, please, tell me, and I will provide it as soon as I can.  Keep in mind, I have no Mac to work from.

Update:

I removed he Fakesmc from the "Other" directory and now, after Waiting for DSMOS . . . I repeats a line about GetPacketFilters() ===> over and over and over again, presumably until the laptop burned up or died.

GetPacketFilters() ===>

GetPacketFilters() <===

GetPacketFilters() ===>

GetPacketFilters() <===

It repeats in groups of four, just like that ^^

Thank you,

Shaun

kexts.zip

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your reply!

For an install (I have no installed OS yet, just a thumb drive), I don't know where to put the DSDT or the SSDT.  I thought those were used after an install.  I have not tried adding the AppleHDA_IDT to the s/l/e on the install media.  It seems odd that I even need to alter the install media, but I can try that.  If I were to add the DSDT and the SSDT, where would I put those?

Ok, update, I am not sure what fixed it, but I hit F4 to dump my DSDT and SSDT prior to install and rewrote an original install disk to the OS X base install partition. I also removed the USB kext and boot arg.  THAT WORKED!  I got it installed with some minor problems.  In fact, it seems to be working overall, including Wifi.  But I think I have two remaining problems.

The first one is that the screen is covered in what looks like static/glitchy graphics.  Hard to describe, but it does shift around as I select things and I can usually see whatever is focused clearly, like a text box, or highlighted text.  I tried booting with DSDT intel graphics fix and also with GraphicsEnabler=no.  But no impact.

If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  But, I am putting this to rest until tomorrow and if you need a picture to see what I am talking about, it will have to wait until then.

Again, thanks for your post, I think you got me on the right track.

• Administrators

did you do the bios downgrade then upgrade process. i think you have to go down to a03 bios then back up i am not sure if a12 bios is good to upgrade back too might be a11 if you search the forum its been mentioned a few times. JakeLo might remember off hand

So, I have not tried downgrading/upgrading the BIOS.  Is there a way to do this without having to install windows?  I could do this by plugging in a different HDD if I needed to without having to lose my now, mostly working installation.  But if there is a way around that, Id much rather.  Regardless, a little more info:

I wouldn't call it artificats, it's just garbled glitches.  Somtimes very minor, especially using Safari full screen.  Other times, I can barely make out what is on the screen.  However, I have played with pulling some kexts out of SLE and found that if I remove the AppleIntelFrame* and AppleIntelHD* kexts, the graphics are clean, but obviously slow because the GPX card is not being used.  Not sure if that helps anyone, but seems like a kext problem to me.  

I'll look into changing the BIOS without having to install windows in the mean time.  Also, at this point, should I open a new thread?

FYI, whoever moved my thread, thanks, I didn't realize there were more specific forums.  My bad.

Edit:  Forgot to add, I readded the kexts back to SLE and fixed perms and rebuilt cache . . . problem returned.  I also added the kexts from here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/

post# 10.10.4 updates.  But no change, unfortunately.

I tried FreeDOS but the bios update files errored out.  Additionally, I could not find the A3 bios rev for download, Dell no longer offers it as a supported version on their site, so I downloaded A02.  I'll give WinPE a shot and see if that works.  

FYI, seems I forgot to add earlier that safe mode is glitch free.  Any thoughts on that?